• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Our beaches are beautiful backdrops for all types of photography, so it is understandable that photographers and their clients are taking advantage of that; however, I have been dismayed to see quite a few of them using the dunes and/or private walkovers for photo sessions. I don't mean that they are using them as a backdrop, they are physically in the dunes or on walkovers/decks without invitation. I also recently learned that photographers are considered vendors on the beach and are supposed to be permitted and follow the rules for vendors. Photographers and clients/subjects, please remember to be courteous as you go about preserving your memories. :)

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
No surprise... more vendors taking advantage of the lack of enforcement and the culture that the enforcement agencies have created.

gumby

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2010
Up the Creek
We had to run 3 car loads of tourons out of our community the other day. Somebody at Sandestin gave them our gate code. They were - as you mentioned - on the dunes and blocking the boardwalk, not to mention, trespassing on private property. Their only response - can we at least take our pictures before we leave? NO!!!!!!

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
We had to run 3 car loads of tourons out of our community the other day. Somebody at Sandestin gave them our gate code. They were - as you mentioned - on the dunes and blocking the boardwalk, not to mention, trespassing on private property. Their only response - can we at least take our pictures before we leave? NO!!!!!!
I've heard similar complaints numerous times and observed it myself several times. Under vendor rules, any photography on a private beach would need written upland owner authorization. Even under customary use on the beach, there is a 15 foot corridor that should not be used from the toe of the dune or private structure. Sounds like time for a gate code change in your neighborhood!

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I've experienced similar behavior with some visitors around our place also. I don't understand why they think it's OK to do things like this. How would they feel if somebody did something like this at their homes?