• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I volunteered this morning on the corner of Blue Mtn Bch Rd and 30A! Grateful I brought my camera as I got some great action shots!

Here's a preview collage, and below is the link to the rest of the album. Sharing these photos with you runners is my way of saying WAY TO GO! :clap:

There's no copyright or anything like that - I just want you to take any you like, share them with your friends, post on FB or whatever.

As a participant in races and triathlons it was a great feeling to be helping out today and I say YOU ARE WELCOME to the many who thanked me as they passed! :wave:

Gidget

100_9288-1.jpg

Link to album:

Seaside Half Marathon 2011 From BLUE MTN BCH pictures by Funphotosbyme - Photobucket

I like viewing the album as a slideshow! Try it with full view!

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The guy with his back to us in the center photo, wearing hyper-green shirt, was the winner of the half. He finished somewhere around a 5 1/2 minute mile average! He even finished before some of the 3 milers!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Thank you so much Gidget for your work at the Marathon - an outstanding fundraiser for the education of many children from our community! and thank you for taking the time to share these great photos with us here! How inspiring to see the energy and enthusiasm and hard work of these runners!

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
The guy with his back to us in the center photo, wearing hyper-green shirt, was the winner of the half. He finished somewhere around a 5 1/2 minute mile average! He even finished before some of the 3 milers!

Yes - I saw him coming over the hill in BMB and then coming back first with a steady lead. He's in such top shape!! Anyone know his name or if he is from around here? I have other photos of him (and others of course) via the link.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Thank you so much Gidget for your work at the Marathon - an outstanding fundraiser for the education of many children from our community! and thank you for taking the time to share these great photos with us here! How inspiring to see the energy and enthusiasm and hard work of these runners!

You are welcome - my job was to guard 30A so that cars didn't try and drive onto it from Blue Mtn Road. But man it was cold - I'd have rather been running lol! ;-)

It was very inspiring to see the sheer determination and JOY on the faces of the athletes! I loved watching them go by my post! :wave: I really had a great vantage point.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I talked with him after the race. I cannot recall his first name right now, but his last name is Payne. He lives in Ft Walton and has never ran the Seaside half marathon before this year. He said he likes to run and that some days he is faster than others. Amazingly, he wasn't out of breath and he didn't seem impressed by his incredible time. He was pleased, but it just seemed like a normal pace for him.