• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hoover_rc

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2006
Old Seagrove
www.seasiderep.org
"Pinter did what Auden said a poet should do. He cleaned the gutters of the English language, so that it ever afterwards flowed more easily and more cleanly. ...The essence of his singular appeal is that you sit down to every play he writes in certain expectation of the unexpected. In sum, this tribute from one writer to another: you never know what the hell's coming next."

David Hare in Harold Pinter:A Celebration

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
There are 3 nights left this week to see The Homecoming, and 4 nights next week. That is it. And after seeing the show last night, if you love excellent theatre, you really want to see this show.

Many people know the Rep through the summer kids shows at Seaside and Watercolor, or have seen the summer main stage comedies or one of the more well-known plays or musicals, or have attended one of the non-theatre events. A show like The Homecoming is like an extra piece of candy for theatre lovers- it is hard to believe that in a community this size, we have a professional theatre that can bring us the kind of quality theatre that you would expect to see only in big cities.

The Rep's Executive Director, Craige Hoover, truly hit a home run with this show- from the choice of play to the direction of the show. Every actor was perfect in their role- in fact, these were the kind of roles that when you see these people in the future, you will always think of them in this show- they are all that memorable. The set looks awesome- it is always so interesting to see how that little black box theatre gets transformed into another world.

The Homecoming
is fascinating and powerful, and watching the play and participating in the after show discussion made me want to learn more about Harold Pinter and his life and work! Of course I plan on starting my "study" at Brunch with Pinter on Sunday at Great Southern, and the radio show on 30a Radio on Monday night!

Tonight (10/8) is "pay what you can" night"! Please come experience the Playwright Festival- but you will need to call and reserve tickets at 231-0733 or Seaside Repertory Theatre.

I hope the SoWal community is proud to have such quality arts entertainment and cultural opportunity! We saw lots of familiar faces at the theatre last night, and new ones too!

P.S. David Ebert has some VERY interesting sideburns/beard thing going on- stop in at Amavida and tell David that you love the look.:D

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
pay whatever you like night at the Rep... Seriously... pay whatever you like, but come see this show... it is unlike anything you will ever see in your life, I promise...

In a good way. ;-)

Break legs, night #2! It will be great energy tonight.....

RepComic

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2007
Call and reserve your tickets to this awesome show! 850-231-0733

Stick around after the show Friday and Saturday to watch some improv comedy! This weekend David and I are doing a new two man improv show called "Understaffed"

Be there!

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
Great show! Bravo Rep! That was just funn to watch. I always love Mary Kay's sets too.:clap: