• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jakeat40

Beach Crab
Sep 16, 2008
Airline providers have the ability to open our markets to new home buyers which is just what we need!!!!

Potential airline service providers for our regional airports will be looking at Taste of the Beach ticket sales and bed tax for the week of November 6-9th to judge the area's ability to attract destination travel. Taste of the Beach is a four day event supported by the Destin Charity Wine Auction, Coastal Vision 3000 and the Walton Area Chamber of Commerce. Events include Emerald Grande VIP party, Pier Park International Wine and Food, Seaside Seeing Red Wine Festival, Watercolor Film Festival and Rosemary Jazz Brunch.

Taste of the Beach tickets can be purchased at www.tasteofthebeachfla.com. Under events/calendar, select your event of choice as tickets can be purchased as a package or a-la-carte. Proceeds of the events will benefit local charities. If you are a business owner or a committed local, make sure you BUY TICKETS to this event and TELL YOUR FRIENDS!! Support of this event is vital to our area!!!!!! Ticket Sales=New Airlines!!!!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I think the Coastal Vision 3000 people are calling it Taste of THE Beach.;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If the airlines are going to rely on The Beach and CV3000, I guess they need to start marketing these events.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Taste of the Beach tickets can be purchased at www.tasteofthebeachfla.com. Under events/calendar, select your event of choice as tickets can be purchased as a package or a-la-carte. Proceeds of the events will benefit local charities. If you are a business owner or a committed local, make sure you BUY TICKETS to this event and TELL YOUR FRIENDS!! Support of this event is vital to our area!!!!!! Ticket Sales=New Airlines!!!!

I must be missing something. It appears that the package page is not yet complete. And the single event page gave very little details, mostly just a calendar of what appears to be a whole bunch of events all happening at the same time.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Potential airline service providers for our regional airports will be looking at Taste of the Beach ticket sales and bed tax for the week of November 6-9th to judge the area's ability to attract destination travel.

Where did this info come from? Airlines constantly gather and evaluate ticket sales. That's how they decide frequency and aircraft usage. One weekend event really isn't going to change anything. There has to be a pattern of sold seats to effect any kind of change.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Where did this info come from? Airlines constantly gather and evaluate ticket sales. That's how they decide frequency and aircraft usage. One weekend event really isn't going to change anything. There has to be a pattern of sold seats to effect any kind of change.

Ahhh man. And I thought that all you had to do was throw one rocking event, get all your friends to show up, and the airlines would all flock to your new destination. I hate it when people interject real business logic into things.

:rotfl:

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
What is the Watercolor Film Festival?
This is on their 'events package' page:

Taste of THE Beach Event Packages
WINE | DINE | DONATE

home / events and media / taste of THE beach / event packages
Title of the Package Goes Here
Fake Information sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Etiam purus tellus, varius nec, accumsan sed, mollis ut, velit. Suspendisse sagittis imperdiet magna. Praesent sed mi. Nullam in leo. Sed sed tortor vel sapien venenatis vulputate. Sed justo dolor, suscipit et, ullamcorper feugiat, dictum nec, lorem. Suspendisse potenti...

Fake Information ...

It is baffling to me that an event 45 days away has such a giant hole in it's marketing plan.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
An off-season event just before Thanksgiving in an election year. Not an easy row to hoe. Hopefully, the powers that be are aware of the forces working against festival promoters. I do not forsee record numbers this fall.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
What is the Watercolor Film Festival?
This is on their 'events package' page:

Taste of THE Beach Event Packages
WINE | DINE | DONATE

home / events and media / taste of THE beach / event packages
Title of the Package Goes Here
Fake Information sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Etiam purus tellus, varius nec, accumsan sed, mollis ut, velit. Suspendisse sagittis imperdiet magna. Praesent sed mi. Nullam in leo. Sed sed tortor vel sapien venenatis vulputate. Sed justo dolor, suscipit et, ullamcorper feugiat, dictum nec, lorem. Suspendisse potenti...

Fake Information ...

It is baffling to me that an event 45 days away has such a giant hole in it's marketing plan.

Yup, I will be attending Mountain Film, not the "Watercolor Film Festival."
http://www.mountainfilm.org/tour/schedule/shows/2009/watercolor.html

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Slapping a "THE" or a different name on an event that has been popular for years isn't marketing. :roll:

I'll be at the fabulous Mountain Film Festival that weekend enjoying one of the best (and affordable) events on 30-A!