• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
So many ugly signs on our beaches these days and they are multiplying along with vendors with chair setups. Post em if you got em. Just saw this photo on Facebook posted by a local unhappy with this homeowner who lives somewhere else yet asks for local discount at the bar while claiming private beach.

FB_IMG_1462034511702.jpg

Last edited:

Dreamer

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2014
Northwest Georgia
Been vacationing along 30A (mostly Seagrove, Seaside & Grayton) since the early '80's. So many wonderful memories of our children playing in Western Lake outfall. NO MORE! Stopped vacationing there about 4 years ago. The area has been ruined. So sad!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Been vacationing along 30A (mostly Seagrove, Seaside & Grayton) since the early '80's. So many wonderful memories of our children playing in Western Lake outfall. NO MORE! Stopped vacationing there about 4 years ago. The area has been ruined. So sad!
And it's spreading. You listening BCC? Probably NOT, " let's do a study"that's their answer. #electionscoming2016

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
Dreamer:
Could you be more specific? Where do you vacation now? How can you get your message out to all 30A vacationers?
Thank you for doing your part!

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
In my opinion these signs are as ugly as the trash that gets left behind. When I see one of these signs, I want to drape my towel over it & set up my chair on the private side of the beach sign.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Funny last week the sheriff deputy was driving the beach and he stopped pulled up a private beach sign and threw it up on their high property. Saying " these aren't allowed ". Sadly it's back and she is planting sea oats from her bank down on the dry sand today

WMW

Beach Comber
Mar 28, 2014
Looks like it will be an interesting summer season. These signs have been recently planted in Seagrove, east of the Santa Clara Regional access and next to Pelayo access. Have to give them credit for at least trying to be educational :) Maybe the county can provide visitors & residents information on their rights in the event the WCSO is called??

Jasmine Dune Seagrove.jpg

Last edited:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Everyone should set up their chairs and umbrellas on the wet sand of these private beaches. Saw more signs on the beach in Seacrest during our past visit.

:Hint: All you have to do is ask them to show you their 2016 Survey of their southern property line..if they have 2016 and your inside the line then move outside the line..If no survey tell them prove their southern line and you will abide..tell the same to WCSO if ( doubtful )!they should show.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Looks like it will be an interesting summer season. These signs have been recently planted in Seagrove east of the Santa Clara Regional access and next to Pelayo access. Have to give them credit for at least trying to be educational :) Maybe the county can provide visitors & residents information on their rights in the event the WCSO is called??

View attachment 60012
Interesting.