• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Thank you to the City Council of Paxton and Mayor Hayward Thomas! Tonight at their regular meeting the City Council unanimously passed a resolution opposing deep injection wells in general and supporting Jackson County in their struggle to keep such a well out of their county and out of the Floridan Aquifer. I appreciate Kelly Layman coming up tonight to answer questions and lend support and thank all the council: Travis McMillan, Bobby Kemp, Ann Sexton and Jenice Armstrong, for their concern and action to help all of us protect our drinking water. This makes two unanimous votes in two weeks for our citizens in Walton County as now Paxton has joined Freeport in the effort to protect us all.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
@Danny Glidewell

Thank you. It's my understanding you are also on the agenda for the Defuniak Springs Council meeting Aug 28th, at 6:00 PM.

It's also my understanding that the Visioning page on Facebook has removed posts regarding Safe Water for Walton. Seriously? One of the most important issues in Walton County in this decade and the folks from the Visioning Group aren't allowing the free flow of information and communication to help protect the most vital resource (our drinking water) on earth? Go figure!

It's imperative that the residents of Walton County band together to keep our water safe. We do NOT want to become another Flint Michagan or Standing Rock.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
THANK YOU DeFuniak Springs City Council! The council voted 5-0 to pass a resolution opposing the Jackson County proposed deep injection well. This action means all three cities in Walton County have unanimously passed ordinances opposing this horrible idea. Thank you Ron Kelley, Janie Griffith, Henry Ennis, Wayne Graham and Kermit Wright for acting decisively to protect the citizens of DeFuniak Springs. Also thanks to Kelly Layman from Safe Water for Walton for coming and addressing the issues involved. We now need Walton County BCC to step up for our property owners.