• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

You Rang?

Beach Comber
Oct 2, 2008
The only public boat ramp I've found around the east end of 30A is behind Publix down by Carillon (Lake Powell). Are there any others or any with Gulf access? It seems I may need to go to Panama City.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The only boat ramps which will get you to the Gulf, located in Walton County, are on the Bay, unless you get a beach and launch permit, which allows you to launch from Grayton Beach and Inlet Beach. (but beach launching can cost you the price of a boat, trailer and truck, and maybe a life, if you don't know what you are doing.)

St Andrews State Park in PCB may be your best bet.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
There are 3 that I know of to get into the bay around here. The one in Pt. Washington and there is one on each side of 331. One on the southeast side of the bridge and one on the northwest side of the bridge. Hogtown Bayou (393N)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Regarding the Bay ramps, the County is also currently building a ramp on the NE side of the causeway. Concrete has been poured and dock has been built, but construction is not yet complete.

North Lake

Beach Lover
Apr 15, 2007
Thanks very much for the replies!
There's also a ramp at Joe's Bayou over in Destin just around from the East Pass. Costs $10 to launch last time I was there...could be more now...but a nice place to get to the Gulf quickly.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I looked again at the north end of the 331 bridge, yesterday, and noticed an old ramp, with no dock on the NE side, just north of the new one under construction.

I believe there is also a public boat launch at the end of E Hewitt, and another one on the short loop of a road to the west at the end of E Hewitt. (East Hewitt is slightly to the east of the Donut Hole (hwy98). I think the TDC has a map of the public boat ramps.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I looked again at the north end of the 331 bridge, yesterday, and noticed an old ramp, with no dock on the NE side, just north of the new one under construction.

I believe there is also a public boat launch at the end of E Hewitt, and another one on the short loop of a road to the west at the end of E Hewitt. (East Hewitt is slightly to the east of the Donut Hole (hwy98). I think the TDC has a map of the public boat ramps.

Only the ones they manage. Here is a link...Protect Beaches of South Walton