1. Hello everyone - with recent Forum upgrade, here are a few issues you may need help with. Thanks for your patience!

- some accounts with same email address were merged. So if you have any login issues, send us a message with your username and email address and we'll sort it out.
    - the Forum App is no longer needed and has been disabled. The site is now mobile-friendly. Just browse to http://SoWal.com/forum"> on your phone's browser and tap "add to home screen".
    - Click Here for help, more info, and to post questions / give feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Redfish Village

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by butterbean, Nov 15, 2007.

1. butterbean

butterbean Beach Fanatic

now that PJ's and the smoothie joint are open, any word on the chicken joint or David Seering's place?

2. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Noticed on Sunday the sign for Seering's came down.

3. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

The chicken place had a sign up today, "Now Hiring." I think a week ago, I saw a sign saying, "Opening in Sept 07." They are still building it out.

4. 30abob

30abob Beach Lover

The chicken place and the piano bar share some parts of their kitchen(s) so neither can open until it's all finished (I think? :idontno:). Last estimated date for opening from the "rumor mill" was 3 weeks out. One of my many weaknesses is fried chicken :wub:, so I'm waiting somewhat impatiently for opening day.

5. rdelong43065

rdelong43065 Beach Fanatic

I too have been waiting for the chicken. Every time I go by there, I don't see a lot of people at PJ's. Are they doing well?

6. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

My guess is that they are suffering because, basically, the only people in the development are a few sub contractors and other people trying to finish interior buildouts of their own businesses. PJ's is located in the back of the project, unseen from passers by on 30A.

7. butterbean

butterbean Beach Fanatic

i've been to pj's and the folks are very nice and i hope they do well, i'm also developing a fondness for a smoothie at lunch instead of lunch. the now hiring sign for the chicken joint has been up for 4 or 5 weeks on thirty-a and it seems being wintertime they could find people to work, i know lots of people pick up part time work in the slow season, I believe David Seering's wife has something to do with Lee's and their corporate office is at Seaside even though I've never been to one or seen one anywhere in the south, southern boy that i am. I am also a chicken eatin' fool, so hurry up dang it.

8. John R

John R needs to get out more

I've been heading into PJ's a lot recently. Excellent Coffee!