• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Photo78

Beach Comber
May 4, 2017
Illinois
We are moving this July and trying to figure out the best area to live. My husband is transferring with his job so we are needing to be between Destin and Panama Beach. We have 2 teenagers and a 11 year old boy. All in sports. I would love to live in Niceville but it's to far from Panama. We currently are in Illinois in a small town. Looking for a nice house for rent but would like to stay away from lakes and ponds because if the snakes and alligators. Any input would help we have been in that area before busting Destin and Panama thank you

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
West end of Panama City Beach is good and inexpensive.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
If you plan on buying you may want to consider renting first. This will give you time to find the area that best suits your needs. I rented for seven months before deciding where I would settle. I looked at homes from FWB to PCB. I never considered one area superior to another I liked them all. Don't let anyone tell you where you need to live or that their community is the best.

Bryan Whitehead

Beach Comber
Sep 10, 2015
Santa Rosa Beach
We are moving this July and trying to figure out the best area to live. My husband is transferring with his job so we are needing to be between Destin and Panama Beach. We have 2 teenagers and a 11 year old boy. All in sports. I would love to live in Niceville but it's to far from Panama. We currently are in Illinois in a small town. Looking for a nice house for rent but would like to stay away from lakes and ponds because if the snakes and alligators. Any input would help we have been in that area before busting Destin and Panama thank you
I make my living from selling real estate, but I think that you are on the right path by looking for a place to rent. You can figure out the traffic patterns, school systems, shopping, etc. You also probably don't want to be a full time resident in a primarily rental area.
Please know that you may well be shocked by the availability and price of rentals here. There is a lot of competition for not much inventory. Don't jump on the first thing you see, but sleeping on it for a few days may mean that property is gone. Good luck, and welcome to the beach.

BW

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I make my living from selling real estate, but I think that you are on the right path by looking for a place to rent. You can figure out the traffic patterns, school systems, shopping, etc. You also probably don't want to be a full time resident in a primarily rental area.
Please know that you may well be shocked by the availability and price of rentals here. There is a lot of competition for not much inventory. Don't jump on the first thing you see, but sleeping on it for a few days may mean that property is gone. Good luck, and welcome to the beach.

BW

WOW BW, you gave some real good advice. I appreciate that.

Photo78

Beach Comber
May 4, 2017
Illinois

BW

Thank you very much. Me and my husband just flew in yesterday to check out the places and area.