1. Hello everyone - with recent Forum upgrade, here are a few issues you may need help with. Thanks for your patience!

- some accounts with same email address were merged. So if you have any login issues, send us a message with your username and email address and we'll sort it out. If you send us email by Hotmail we will not be able to respond. Hotmail is blocked.
    - the Forum App is no longer needed and has been disabled. The site is now mobile-friendly. Just browse to http://SoWal.com/forum"> on your phone's browser and tap "add to home screen".
    - Click Here for help, more info, and to post questions / give feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

"Rosco" needs a forever home :)

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Amber15lyn, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Amber15lyn

Amber15lyn Beach Comber

My grandmother found this dog near her house off of Churchill Bayou Rd. while walking her other dogs. It has followed her home a few times. She has posted signs in the neighborhood, but no one has claimed their lost puppy. So "Rosco", as my daughter has named him, needs to find a great home. Here is what she says about him...

"He is an exceptional pup, just a bundle of love & affection. I'd guess him to be four to six months old. He has no bad habits, he's quiet, doesn't chew, he gets along really well with my three dogs, my grouchy old cat and three year old great-grand-daughter. "

She was going to try and take him to Alaqua, but they have a waiting list right now. She is recently retired and can't afford to take on yet another pet. So if you or anyone you know would like to meet Rosco and provide him with a forever home, please email me and I'll get you in touch with my grandmother. amber15lynn@cox.net

You can view pictures of him at
    Rosco needs a home!! | Facebook

2. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Poor Roscoe, he looks so skinny!

Please, someone help this baby, with his forever home!:( He looks like, such a lost soul!

3. Lady D

Lady D SoWal Insider

At least he is not at the pound, he sure has pretty eyes. I think he will find a home.

4. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

I agree, Lady D!

There are such great animal lovers on SOWAL, he'll surely have his forever home, soon!:wub:

5. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Trying to help, roscoe!

I'm working on getting Roscoe ck'd, vaccinated and neutered, so that he will have a, forever home! Amber told me that people are reluctant, because of the money needed to get these things, done! I'm getting a quote from my vet (Dr Beck), at Santa Rosa Beach Animal Hospital.

6. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Update

I spoke with my vet, but, they're more expensive, than PAWS! I'm getting Amber to ck with the people that seemed interested, to see if they would be, if we could get his medical expenses taken care of. I'm also going to ck and see if anyone wanting to help, could pay PAWS over the phone.

Vaccines $70
    Neutering $80

Kinda feel like I'm grasping at straws, but, at least I'm trying!:wave:

7. kathydwells

kathydwells Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname

Diane, it is a good thing what you are doing to try and find him a home, but I am wondering if they can't afford the fees to adopt him, will they be able to afford his vet care after they adopt him? Yearly vaccines, heartworm check and prevention, flea meds? And what if he gets sick or hurt and needs care? Will they be able to take him to the vet? Just wondering. Hope he finds a good home!

8. Amber15lyn

Amber15lyn Beach Comber

Kathy, unfortunately that's what Diane and I were thinking too. People just don't realize what it costs I guess. That's why these animals end up like this... I hope someone can give him a good home

9. Amber15lyn

Amber15lyn Beach Comber

Alaqua has actually posted him on their website through petfinder as a courtesy. Maybe that will help. Do any of you know what the S.N.A.P. program is through Alaqua? Their website says it helps Walton County residents with spaying/neutering their pets.

10. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Great!

Let's keep our fingers, crossed!:clap: Never heard of the SNAP, program.

11. Amber15lyn

Amber15lyn Beach Comber

I spoke with Freeport Pet Clinic, and if you're approved for the SNAP then all you have to pay for is the vaccinations, which are only $30 if he only needs rabies & parvo. I've forwarded the info to my grandmother, so she might decide to go ahead and do it. If not, then this is good info for someone to know if they adopt him.

12. Diane4145

Diane4145 Beach Fanatic

Roscoe has his, forever home!

Now, he'll have love and stability!:clap::clap::clap:

13. Amber15lyn

Amber15lyn Beach Comber

Diane, thank you so much for all your help! It's nice to have people like you helping our community!
    Thanks again, Amber