• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

melbrams

Beach Crab
Feb 6, 2012
Hello! I'm going to be in the area first part of June with my 4 year olf twins & 6 year old. We stayed in seaside two years ago & loved it but want something a bit different this time & maybe a bit less expensive. I have found houses (prefer private house rentals) in Rosemary Beach & then Seagrove but would love some advice on which area to go for. Also-0if you recommend Seagrove over RM, then there are a lot of areas I'm considering & would love advice on which ones you would focus on: example: Old Seagrove; Grove by the Seal Sea Beach Best & Gulf Mist; Summer's Edge & Eastern Lake; or Dunes Estate which is seagrove Beach East. Would love to have a pool that's close by & a beach that's easy for little ones to walk to. We don't mind getting in a car once in a while. Thanks for any incoming advice!

beasmiester

Beach Lover
Sep 1, 2009
You might want to consider Seacrest Beach which is just west of Rosemary Beach and a little more affordable. With two young children, you can't beat Seacrest Beaches pool and trams running from your front door across 30A to the beach. You'll find that the traffic at the west end is considerably less than what you'd see in Seagrove or Seaside. I think that for a more family friendly area, you just can't beat Seacrest Beach.

PC

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2005
TN
You might want to consider Seacrest Beach which is just west of Rosemary Beach and a little more affordable. With two young children, you can't beat Seacrest Beaches pool and trams running from your front door across 30A to the beach. You'll find that the traffic at the west end is considerably less than what you'd see in Seagrove or Seaside. I think that for a more family friendly area, you just can't beat Seacrest Beach.

This is what we are doing this yr due to "overcrowding" in the areas of WaterC and seaside. Those places are just out of control with tourists and with no space to do anything. Seacrest and RMB remain somewhat quiet compared to those places.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
We really like Seagrove Beach and have stayed both beachside and across the street from the beach and even across and a block back with no problems. We liked Grand Isle condo which are over some shops and right across the street from the beach and the 3/2 would work well for ya'll. We liked the little villas of Bella Bungalows-kid friendly pool and block and a half walk to beach, Cassine townhouses are 2/2 and could work for ya'll or the houses in the Cassine Villages are cute, too. Summer's Edge has a neighborhood pool and I think is all beachside of the highway. Seagrove is affordable and an easy walk or bike ride to Seaside so you don't have to battle parking. It's a little far to bike to Rosemary from Seagrove unless your little ones have high endurance! The beaches aren't crowded and the neighborhoods with houses do not feel like you're on top of each other.

Seacrest neighborhood is a little close together and a lot of houses are in there so we decided against it. We had friends that stayed in the Magnolia Cottages that were a little close but the pool wasn't crowded and the walk to the beach was an easy straight shot and very affordable but nice and new.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I think you are missing a great area. Blue Mountain Beach has two really top notch restaurants, a health food store, bicycle rentals and is much, much quiter than any of the others. Bella Vita, Sea Bluff and Adagio all have rentals, I believe, and all have pools and really close access to the beach. Sea Bluff is the least expensive and has a really nice pool. You might want to consider somewhere less touristy than the ones where you have previously stayed. If so, Blue Mountain Beach should be considered.

Last edited:

melbrams

Beach Crab
Feb 6, 2012
Hi Beachbumaggie! Question-have you heard anything about the Grove by the Sea community?

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Hello! I'm going to be in the area first part of June with my 4 year olf twins & 6 year old. We stayed in seaside two years ago & loved it but want something a bit different this time & maybe a bit less expensive. I have found houses (prefer private house rentals) in Rosemary Beach & then Seagrove but would love some advice on which area to go for. Also-0if you recommend Seagrove over RM, then there are a lot of areas I'm considering & would love advice on which ones you would focus on: example: Old Seagrove; Grove by the Seal Sea Beach Best & Gulf Mist; Summer's Edge & Eastern Lake; or Dunes Estate which is seagrove Beach East. Would love to have a pool that's close by & a beach that's easy for little ones to walk to. We don't mind getting in a car once in a while. Thanks for any incoming advice!

Summer's Edge is great for families. Try for the south side of Eastern Lake Road which is by the pool and close to gulf.

Rosemary Beach is not less expensive than Seaside but you should strongly consider it. Much different flavor than Seaside but also first class with amazing restaurants. If too pricey you can stay right next door at Water's Edge or Seacrest Beach. http://www.beachdreamsproperties.com/caribbeandream/

I like the Eastern Lake Road area for little ones. It's all south of 30A. My home is there, but it's really too big for 2 adults and 3 small children. One of my sister's homes is in Summer's Edge that would work for you.It was built when my nephews were under 10. Great memories. It's not a rental property, but with your small family, she'd consider renting it to you. I will PM you with her phone number.

kupcakes

Beach Crab
Jan 22, 2012
seacrest

We did Seacrest last year w our 3 year old and loved it. Could not keep him out of the pool. You also get to enjoy Rosemary which is walking distance. You will not be disappointed. The tram service is also a blessing to haul the kids and beach gear.