• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Now I am thirsty for some Sangria!

Chill all of the following the day before:

1.5 Liters Carlo Rossi (or other cheap) Burgundy wine
1.5 Liters Carlo Rossi Sangria wine
2 Liters Squirt (or other Lemon-Lime carbonated soda)

Optional:

1/4 - 1/2 cup cheap Brandy
1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar

Pour Burgundy and Sangria into 8 quart or larger stock pot.
If using the sugar, mix first with small amount of hot water, until dissolved, and pour into pot with other wine.

If using Brandy, also add to wine mixture.

Mix all together.

Add any/all of the following diced fruit: (1/2 to 1 piece each)

Peaches
Nectarines
Apples
Pears
Frozen Grapes (red seedless, pulled off of stem, and frozen ahead of time in ziplock baggie). These also function as ice cubes.

2 sliced and quartered Oranges, skin on
1-2 Lemons, quarter, squeeze juice and throw in remaining fruit
1-2 Limes (same as above)

Lastly, pour 2 Liters of cold Squirt into wine and fruit mixture just before serving to keep fizzy.

Serve very cold, in tall glasses.

Enjoy! :drink:

Lisa_at_the_beach

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2004
SoWal
Well, having spent MUCH time in Portugal....I had the opportunity to watch their version of Sangria made up close and personal many, many, many times.....

First they took fruit....oranges, usually, and ground that with sugar in the bottom of a glass until it was mushy....then they filled it up with red wine and a splash of a lemon/lime beverage....

Are we having Sangria? Let's do Mojitos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NB says he has a Capt. Jack costume ;)

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
Well, having spent MUCH time in Portugal....I had the opportunity to watch their version of Sangria made up close and personal many, many, many times.....

First they took fruit....oranges, usually, and ground that with sugar in the bottom of a glass until it was mushy....then they filled it up with red wine and a splash of a lemon/lime beverage....

Are we having Sangria? Let's do Mojitos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NB says he has a Capt. Jack costume ;)

I have a great pirate wench costume you could wear. ;-)