• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Speaking of the lights in front of the Seagrove Publix, it seems to me that the light is green longer for Watercolor traffic than for 395 traffic. Doesn't make sense. Sometime I'll have to time it.;-)

I believe you are correct. It seems that the light is opposite now and stays red for the 395 traffic instead of the Publix traffic. I noticed this started a few weeks ago.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Speaking of the lights in front of the Seagrove Publix, it seems to me that the light is green longer for Watercolor traffic than for 395 traffic. Doesn't make sense. Sometime I'll have to time it.;-)

Duh...we are special people. :wave:

njackie

Beach Lover
Nov 18, 2004

We have noticed this also and questioned what it was about.

Snapper Grabber

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2005
I've seen people driving cars not stop when going through that three-way intersection and the one in Seaside -- with other drivers already stopped at the intersection, waiting their turn!

Can you imagine what the traffic would have been had the NatureWalk Beach Club replaced Seagrove Villas? It would not be a pretty sight during the tourist season.

Can you imagine what the traffic would have been had the NatureWalk Beach Club replaced Seagrove Villas? It would not be a pretty sight during the tourist season.
No kidding. I'll confess that one evening I was making dinner and had forgotten a key ingredient and needed to go to Publix. 30A was backed up way to the east of 395. So I arbitrarily went down a side street because I had seen others doing it. I realized I picked the wrong one that was a dead end. I turned around, and some old guy came out and started screaming at me. I said, "Sorry, I made a wrong turn." He cussed me out. I noticed the Gator flag on his house, and I said, "Go Gators! Check out my license plate." He didn't hear me, I guess -- whatever. He was still waving his fist at me.

I've learned that I really don't save any time going through those back streets, and it's an intrusion to those neighborhoods. Heck, I wouldn't like it if someone did that to my 'hood.

Last edited:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
There are a few other alternatives, but are not popular with a few good friends on this board. I sometimes wish I didn't care. Those alternate back routes will happen one day because they will be the right and safe thing to do, even though it may not be the most desirable outcome for a few individuals on affected route. Today, I just don't have the energy and time to educate the public on this option or buck a dominate voice. This current slowdown buys us a little time. When the rush is on again, we'll be forced to the obvious alternatives. IMHO.