• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
I think a roundabout could improve things if it's designed right, especially if they flip the bike path east approach to skirt the south side of the roundabout.

What surprises me is that with something that will effect Seagrove as much as this is there wasn't more public discussion leading up to the decision. Unless I missed something, it sounds like there was one workshop back in 2008 where doing something (maybe traffic lights, maybe a roundabout) was discussed in general terms, and then there was this BCC meeting at the end of August where a roundabout was approved. Were there other meetings in between there?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I certainly feel blind-sided, also. I can't emphasize enough what a drastic thing this will be.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
That was educational to me. Thanks. I've been very partial to scrub oaks, all my life, and need to branch out (get it?;-)) and appreciate the pines, as well.

:D

This conversation made me decide to change my avatar. Anyway, looks like Kurt managed to run off most of the trolls.

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. How many of you voicing in on this round about actually live here full time? The problem with Seagrove is the problem with all of 30a. Every tourist wants a pieceof the life here, and build and build and build. The TDC works hard,to bring as many tourists as possible year round. What did all you tourists and "part,time" home owners think was going to happen to a quaint beautiful tiny community that happens to be by then Gulf? Well did you think it could stay the same? Well guess again. 30a with its round abouts to handle all your big SUV'S one after the other, your packs of bicycles, will choke to death the beautiful little town that I have called home all my life. Do you wonder why people who live here and drive 30a every single day detest the throngs of you that infiltrate our lives in search of your perfect beach? You only have yourselves to blame for the destruction of Old Seagrove. So good luck on your Roundabout, you deserve it!

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Well said hippiechick. It's too bad the developers and their toadies at the BCC and TDC don't care what they do as long as they make theirs.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Since it sounds like a done deal, can we have a naming contest? I'm throwing out the idea of the Ed Walborsky Liability Loop. What a dream for personal injury lawyers this wheel of paraplegia is going to be.