• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
And they dropped a bunch of big rocks and such on Bay Dr. a little bit ago so I guess another band-aid is in the works. Major thoroughfare, major infrastructure problem, but they can fix it in less than 48 hours. Seems almost superhuman to me.:bang:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Beavers the culprit in 30A road collapse

"We've always had problems with beavers where we don't have a bridge," said Chance Powell, an engineer for Walton County
(Ex-Prebble Rish Guy too...)

Beavers the culprit in 30A road collapse

"Always" has a direct implication of Historical. Anyone remember this anomaly being reported before as a cause for the terrible infrastructure that some company had to approve plans for in the past?

So what will the protected dune beach mouse be blamed for, glass on the beach or fireworks?

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I havent seen beavers in that area for years. They used to be road-kill around there on a regular basis so I doubt there are enough left in that gator hole on the north side of 30A to dam up anything.

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
Beavers are big and their activities are hard to miss. If they really are a problem then maybe check out the culvert a couple of times each year.

Still closed when I was there a hour ago. How long does it take to dump and pave? :dunno:

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Rode by this afternoon and talked to the folks working on it. Its pretty much all filled in. They said they should be wrapped up Friday aftetnoon/evening and the road should be open then.