• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Aug 23, 2006
Just came back from seeing the Seaside REP Theater "Intern Show"... Unbelievably funny show !!!.... These High School kids are so talented that after spending two hours laughing :rotfl:you wish the show hadn't ended:clap:. They proved their acting abilities this past year with "Blithe Spirit" :eek: and they just keep getting better and better under the guidance of their Seaside Theater Mentor/Actors.
If you missed "Blithe Spirit" (or even if you didn't), You can't afford to miss tomorrow night's last performance of the "Intern Show"; I promise you, you'll still be smiling as you leave the show and walk to your car. At least a couple of these kids you'll see tomorrow night in the "Intern Show" you're probably going to see one day in a movie or on TV or in a Broadway show and you'll be able to say "I knew them when.." Don't miss it !:lolabove: Saturday the 9th at 7:00 P.M. {Bring a friend who enjoys laughing}

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Did they change the time for tonight's show? Last night's show started at 8pm. Though, I guess it is better to arrive early than late.

I agree, the show is great, as are the actors. I would post some pictures from a couple of scenes, which would really get people to fill the seats, but I really don't want to ruin it. I don't remember laughing so hard. Whether it is acting or something else, these interns will go on to great things. They rock!

Aug 23, 2006
You're right "SJ",....'Showtime' IS at 8:00 P.M. (sorry about that...)
But better to arrive early as parking was difficult last night...

Enjoy the show !!:clap:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Woo hoo- made it home in time!!!

Can't wait for tonight's show!:clap:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You are in for a treat! Be sure to look out for the short intern. lol.

All this talk about the interns is spot-on, and I would like to throw a little praise out to Kevin Boyle, with the REP, who took on the challenge of having interns at the REP. He is a real trouper, and a great leader. It is people who reach out, when a hand is needed, that end up changing the world. So, thanks, Kevin!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Did they change the time for tonight's show? Last night's show started at 8pm. Though, I guess it is better to arrive early than late.

I agree, the show is great, as are the actors. I would post some pictures from a couple of scenes, which would really get people to fill the seats, but I really don't want to ruin it. I don't remember laughing so hard. Whether it is acting or something else, these interns will go on to great things. They rock!

Got pics?:D:dunno:

If there is a video of the Interns and Kevin rapping Othello, I want to see it!

Yup, it was worth the long drive- awesome show!

Aug 23, 2006
AND THE ?OSCAR? GOES TO: The Seaside REP Theater ?INTERNS? (from the South Walton High School ?Drama Dept.?) !!!
The ?Kids? finished up their ?Summer Season? with their ?Intern Show? featuring a series of vignettes and their rendition of the ?Abbreviated Shakespeare? [?Fie upon you if you missed it varlet !?]. Ahhh, such talent, such motivation, such dedication, such fun ! But alas!.. Half of these ?bright lights? are off to various colleges and the other half are returning to their classes at South Walton High to recruit and inspire new ?interns? to participate in the valuable Seaside REP Theater ?Intern Experience?.
Like the ?Phoenix?, the REP?s intern program rose out of the ashes of the infamous and controversial SWHS ?Blithe Spirit? farsical (but classic Noel Coward) production which was shelved due to misapplied religious paranoia (but then, that?s another story).
So, as the old adage goes: ?when given a lemon, make lemonade?. The REP Theater did just that and turned a rather unfortunate situation into a positive and instructive ?Intern Program? for professional mentoring of high school drama students; and what a joyful learning experience that program has been for those South Walton High School students, not only in terms of ?acting experience? but also the technical aspects of ?theatre? such as makeup, lighting, set design, proper cueing, and a myriad of other ?tricks-of-the-trade? encompassing ?theatre art? [and by the way, their rendition of ?Blithe Spirit? at the Seaside REP Theater was a joy to behold].
Hopefully this program will continue to benefit the ?Seaside REP Theater?, South Walton High School, and more importantly, all self-motivated high school drama students who aspire to learn the craft of ?theatre art? through a professional hands-on experience.
This ?Intern Program? is a visibly successful example of a community effort, involving professionals, public servants, and private citizens ?stepping-up-to-the-plate? to mentor our children along the road to their future.
?Kudos? to Seaside REP Theaters? Craig Hoover and Kevin Boyle; You guys make excellent lemonade! To the ?Interns?, the Actors, support staff and all others involved in the ?Intern Experience?: Congratulate yourselves for a job well done; We have all come to appreciate your efforts...Thank you (and to those ?actors? off to college: ?Break a leg!?) .