• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
If you own a Select Comfort (Sleep Number Bed) purchased between 1987-2005 Please, Please read this.

I have owned a sleep number bed since 2004. I have never liked it for various reasons. I decided to sell it. I had someone come to my house yesterday to look at it. Something told me to unzip the pillow top and show him how the air chambers looked. When I unzipped the bed I was completely SHOCKED and freaked out by what I found. BLACK MOLD covering the air chambers and foam padding. My husband and I have been experiencing severe headaches, coughing, sinus congestion, breathing issues for the past several months. Well, now I know why.

There is currently a Class Action Lawsuit against Select Comfort. If you own one of these beds I encourage you first, to look at your bed, second contact the class action suit here:
http://www.selectcomfortclassaction.com/

Even if you do not have mold issues now, Select Comfort is supposed to replace all air chambers and foam for the beds purchashed prior to 2005.

Of course, they were also supposed to notify every purchaser of their beds about this mold issue that they knew about. They have since changed the material in their beds to anti-microbial material. Hence, they knew about the problems. I have never heard one word from them!!!!!!

To me, this is a serious issue and I am trying to get the word out to everyone I can. Attached are the pictures of my bed!!! I know it is gross but this is what I have lived with for almost 5 years and I had no clue.

I bought a new mattresses and they were delivered yesterday. For the first time in months I did not wake up with a headache this morning!!!!

I will keep you posted on the outcome of all of this. Please spread the word to anyone you know to check their mattresses!!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:eek:...Darelne, is this YOUR old bed?????

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
That sucks, what exactly causes the mold it needs moisture.

Verbatim from the customer service rep that I talked to yesterday. "The beds are designed to suck the moisture from your body" WTF?

Yep, that is what they told me.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Verbatim from the customer service rep that I talked to yesterday. "The beds are designed to suck the moisture from your body" WTF?

Yep, that is what they told me.

:eek: Comfort and mummifying all in one convenient solution.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Holy Crap!
Get 'em Darlene!:angry: