Send good vibes to jdarg and me, please.

Discussion in 'Events and Activities' started by Mermaid, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Mango

Mango SoWal Insider

Unfortunately a lot of these concerts are pre-sold to fan clubs. The hubby got me Josh Groban tickets and my sister in law was the first one on-line in the morning, but appraently all the good seats were sold to Grobanites weeks ahead of time. When we got there, I was in a nose bleed seat, and could barely see the stage.

But that's was not my final seat! :D I saw Groban and could smell his breathe. :oops: and wound up in the champagne section. ;-)

2. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    And they say you can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you might find you get what you need.

3. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

:D
    Wish you would join us! Mermaid's rocking birthday!

Poor thing- she has to make her own cake 'cause 1) I don't like to bake and 2) she has the sandcastle pan.:rolling:

4. Beach Runner

I'd be tempted if it were Boston or Vegas.

5. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Alright BR- this is historic. Rolling Stones at Churchill Downs. Definitely a once in a lifetime (for them for sure!:funn: )

6. peapod1980

peapod1980 percy

7. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

8. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Nice tix- $525 APIECE??? You must have me confused with somebody that has money!!!:floor: I'll keep my cheap seats- and they weren't cheap after that MF Ticketmaster!!!:bang:

9. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Good grief jdarg....it is MERMY'S birthday celebration!!!

10. DD

DD SoWal Expert

Jdarg/Mermaid, We saw the stones about 6 or 7 years ago here at the Texas Motor Speedway. It's a huge place! My friend's father in law has a suite there and it was his birthday (the old s.o.b.) so she invited us to go to his "party". We all met at his office in Fort Worth and rode a bus there with drinks, food, etc. Drove right up to the entrance and right up the elevator. The suite was packed and there was food and lick her flowing. The point of this story is that I spent the whole concert NOT in the suite, but down on one of the lower levels on my feet! Mick was great! They were great! You will have a GREAT time!

After the concert, I drove home, since mr. dd was three sheets to the wind. Got pulled over in a small town between FW and Grapevine. The cop thought maybe we'd been to the concert and been smoking a little wacky weed. Wanted to search the car....I told him go ahead. Mr. dd was spouting off and just generally being a jerk, and I kept telling him to shut up, but NOOOOOO, he just kept on. So, the cop searched him too. Searched the car, came up with a pair of tweezers and asked if that was our "roach clip". Well, by this time, I'd had just about enough of both of them. I said, "Look here, look at me, I'm old enough to be your mother--I don't smoke pot! And if you want to take this guy in...be my guest!" No ticket, sent us on our way.

11. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

I'm gonna save my pennies and buy her a concert T-shirt then.:oops: :rolling:

12. Mermaid

Mermaid picky

And Mermy's a tightwad after Miss Kitty's own heart, so I'm alright with it. I think Ticketmaster makes a wad on us poor concert-goers but for me Mick (as BR would say ;-) ) jdarg and I are prepared to open our pockets!! We are planning to have a funnnnnnnnnnnnnn time at Churchill Downs. I like the idea of blowing off my last birthday in my 40s at a rock concert with stars old enough to be ossified, which means they're definitely older than me! I like I like I like. I'm a spring chicken in comparison to Mick and gang. :D

DD, that's the best story about tweezers I've ever heard. A roach clip!! Too much.

13. Beach Runner

Can you take a cake on a plane? I'll bet not. I mean, today CNN said you can't take FREAKIN' LIP GLOSS FOR GOD'S SAKE on a plane, so think how many explosives one could carry in a flippin' cake? PULLEEAAZZEE!

14. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we
    Explosives and a file! :rofl:

15. Mango

Mango SoWal Insider

Are you two going to lift your shirts up? :funn:

16. DD

DD SoWal Expert

:rolling:

17. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

My seats are so far from the stage that Mick would be the one needing the binoculars!:oops: