• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Pat Carlyle, a real estate broker and a Reiki master, will speak on “The Work of Byron Katie ”at the Emerald Coast Meditation Society Sept. 5.

The meeting will start at 6:30 p.m. with a 30-minute meditation at 480 N. Co. Hwy. 393, Santa Rosa Beach, one-half mile north of Hwy. 98. The ECMS is ecumenical and does not follow any religion. There is no charge.

“Does your mind and your thinking sometimes get the best of you?” asks Carlyle. “The Work of Byron Katie is a way of identifying and questioning the thoughts that cause all the anger, fear, depression, addiction, and violence in the world,” she says. She has studied The Work for seven years to become certified to offer it to others.

Carlyle, who has a master's degree in Organizational Development and Adult Education from Temple University, was the executive vice president of an international consulting firm with offices in 24 countries prior to moving to Santa Rosa Beach in 2002. Her area of specialization was executive education and strategic planning.

She has been meditating and following a spiritual path for over 40 years. She is also a yoga dance teacher and an outdoors woman. Most importantly she loves to share the things that made a profound difference in her path.

Carlyle says she believes wholeheartedly in living a balanced life. “I moved to the beach because I was a work-a-holic and was committed to changing my lifestyle. I took up Reiki, which is an ancient holistic healing technique, so I can weave together my coaching and counseling experience, my yoga dance and meditation practices, and my successful treatment of my own health challenges, to offer alternatives to my clients.”

Carlyle was born in Pittsburgh and moved here from Washington, D.C.

The evening will conclude with a short guided meditation. The ECMS meets on the first and third Thursday of every month except July and August. Anyone who needs meditation instruction should arrive by 6:15 p.m. For information contact Nancy James, nancyjames@embarqmail.com.

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/562285873828944/