• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Michelle H.

Beach Comber
Jun 14, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Hi everyone! This is my first post on the forums & I'm happy to be here! Does anyone have information/insight on building shipping container homes along the 30A area? Thank you so much!

Last edited:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Try getting in touch with the owners of The Gulf restaurant on Okaloosa Island. They used them in the construction of the business. Florida is going to have its own quirks with this because it's a strong building code state. It's also probably going to be a bit tricky to find land on 30-A that doesn't have deed restrictions that prevent what's likely seen as non-site built housing.

Michelle H.

Beach Comber
Jun 14, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Try getting in touch with the owners of The Gulf restaurant on Okaloosa Island. They used them in the construction of the business. Florida is going to have its own quirks with this because it's a strong building code state. It's also probably going to be a bit tricky to find land on 30-A that doesn't have deed restrictions that prevent what's likely seen as non-site built housing.
Thank you very much!

jjones

Beach Comber
Mar 20, 2016
Hi everyone! This is my first post on the forums & I'm happy to be here! Does anyone have information/insight on building shipping container homes along the 30A area? Thank you so much!
Tammy Massey knows alot on the subject of shipping containers. She is a local architect