• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
Hi,
Was in town shopping for the new condo we purchased. I was wondering were everyone goes to get there furniture? I
Does anyone know of a shop that sells more of the Shabby Chic type of items? We are going for that look, and it is hard to find. Everything was really dark wood. My house here in Kansas is more traditional and I want more of a cottage style look at the condo.

I know one of you will be able to lead me in the right direction!

Thanks so much,
OZBEACHMOM

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I have furnished several condos/houses for clients and have used Jordan's on back beach road in PCB, just west of hey 79. Ask for Joy, she is great. It is not the highest end furniture but perfect for a condo......

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I've seen some neat pieces in antique stores in and near sowal. Lilypads in Grayton, Kathleen's cottage on 331, tons of stuff at Smith's Antiques in Destin. these places will be more expensive, but you may find some funn odds and ends for a good price.

Last edited:

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
ALEX-COLE on Panama City Beach Parkway (close to intersection with Hwy 79) is a small but good furniture store.....good values....definitely worth checking out....we have some great things from there and they were very reasonable.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
Check out the web site of Room and Board, www.roomandboard.com. They
have beautiful, clean lined wood and upholstered furniture and will ship a house full of furnishing to FL for $200. Neither cheap nor expensive, and decent quality. Ikea has some furniture that may qualify for shappy chic too, though shipping is expensive.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Odd coincidence. Our bed and kitchen table just got shipped down here from Room and Board yesterday. We've ranted for a long time about how the furniture stores down here didn't sell much that was our taste, and finally ended up ordering what we wanted from Minnesota.

I'm not sure if I'd call them Shabby Chic. They tend toward more urban loft, though I'd call a lot of their clean-lined designs just nice classic design. Quality was good for the price point. It's not easy to find a solid walnut dining table for less than $2K. Bed is solid cherry and has a nice Arts & Crafts/ Frank Lloyd Wright vibe to it. As a bonus, 70% of the furniture they sell is still made in the USA. So many other furniture stores are now selling 80-90% Chinese content.

We're definitely looking to order from them again.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
OZBEACHMOM,

We just bought a new house in Santa Rosa Beach that was furnished with all brand new stuff from Haverty's. We're keeping most of it but there are some pieces that we just don't need because of what we brought with us...

And while I don't totally know what you mean by "shabby sheik", I know that I have a few pieces for sale that look cottagy...

Do you need any coffee tables, end tables or a dining room table?
What about a lovely wine armoire?

Need any accessories?

Gorgeous stuff that's never been used. We moved into our place this month and no one had ever spent a night in the house before us. This stuff is sitting in storage waiting to be sold...

Lemme know if interested and I will send you pics...

Cheers,
George

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
We recently bought a nice bedroom set from Home Place in Destin off 98 east of Mid-Bay Bridge Rd.