Shopping for Condo furniture that isn't a small fortune!

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by ozbeachmom, Feb 19, 2007.

1. ozbeachmom

ozbeachmom Beach Lover

Hi,
    Was in town shopping for the new condo we purchased. I was wondering were everyone goes to get there furniture? I
    Does anyone know of a shop that sells more of the Shabby Chic type of items? We are going for that look, and it is hard to find. Everything was really dark wood. My house here in Kansas is more traditional and I want more of a cottage style look at the condo.

I know one of you will be able to lead me in the right direction!

Thanks so much,
    OZBEACHMOM

2. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

3. InletBchDweller

InletBchDweller SoWal Insider

I have furnished several condos/houses for clients and have used Jordan's on back beach road in PCB, just west of hey 79. Ask for Joy, she is great. It is not the highest end furniture but perfect for a condo......

4. Curtis

Curtis Beach Lover

WEATHERALL FINE ART - 3730 30-A - Santa Rosa Beach
  5. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

I've seen some neat pieces in antique stores in and near sowal. Lilypads in Grayton, Kathleen's cottage on 331, tons of stuff at Smith's Antiques in Destin. these places will be more expensive, but you may find some funn odds and ends for a good price.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  6. pk305

pk305 Beach Fanatic

ALEX-COLE on Panama City Beach Parkway (close to intersection with Hwy 79) is a small but good furniture store.....good values....definitely worth checking out....we have some great things from there and they were very reasonable.

7. Camellia

Camellia Beach Fanatic

Check out the web site of Room and Board, www.roomandboard.com. They
    have beautiful, clean lined wood and upholstered furniture and will ship a house full of furnishing to FL for $200. Neither cheap nor expensive, and decent quality. Ikea has some furniture that may qualify for shappy chic too, though shipping is expensive.

8. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

Odd coincidence. Our bed and kitchen table just got shipped down here from Room and Board yesterday. We've ranted for a long time about how the furniture stores down here didn't sell much that was our taste, and finally ended up ordering what we wanted from Minnesota.

I'm not sure if I'd call them Shabby Chic. They tend toward more urban loft, though I'd call a lot of their clean-lined designs just nice classic design. Quality was good for the price point. It's not easy to find a solid walnut dining table for less than $2K. Bed is solid cherry and has a nice Arts & Crafts/ Frank Lloyd Wright vibe to it. As a bonus, 70% of the furniture they sell is still made in the USA. So many other furniture stores are now selling 80-90% Chinese content.

We're definitely looking to order from them again.

9. Geo

Geo Beach Fanatic

OZBEACHMOM,

We just bought a new house in Santa Rosa Beach that was furnished with all brand new stuff from Haverty's. We're keeping most of it but there are some pieces that we just don't need because of what we brought with us...

And while I don't totally know what you mean by "shabby sheik", I know that I have a few pieces for sale that look cottagy...

Do you need any coffee tables, end tables or a dining room table?
    What about a lovely wine armoire?

Need any accessories?

Gorgeous stuff that's never been used. We moved into our place this month and no one had ever spent a night in the house before us. This stuff is sitting in storage waiting to be sold...

Lemme know if interested and I will send you pics...

Cheers,
    George

10. Beachlover2

Beachlover2 Beach Fanatic

We recently bought a nice bedroom set from Home Place in Destin off 98 east of Mid-Bay Bridge Rd.

11. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    I can vouch for geowickey. :D

By the way ... where is the best place to buy mattresses? We will be in need of a twin trundle mattress and a queen bed set while we are up there next month, and will need to have it delivered.

12. Beachmom

Beachmom Beach Fanatic

Pic's please!!

13. pk305

pk305 Beach Fanatic

TFT....Mattress buying can be like a root canal....however, we did have good experience and are VERY pleased with the mattresses we purchased from America's Mattress (Panama City Pkwy---not sure if I have that road name correct)....anyway their phone is 850-236-8001 and the owner is Holly....everyone who stays in our house LOVES the mattresses....and selecting comfortable mattresses was a big priority to us....I would love to swap out my LOUSY Stearns & Foster for the Serta we bought from Holly for the beach house! We also did the trundle thing and they have one that is comfortable and works great for that too.....GOOD LUCK!

14. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    Thank you so much! I will check them out. :clap_1:

15. WLD

WLD Beach Lover

Let some of the busy realtors know that you're looking for furniture. Some second home-owners don't have anyplace for their furniture when they sell a house or condo and don't buy another. You might be able to get a good deal on a whole house of stuff.

16. 30AStyleArtist

30AStyleArtist Beach Lover

Go to www.30AStyle.com/store5.html
    I paint the furniture in what you want - it is solid wood and we deliver to the 30A area - FREE!
    Go to www.30AStyle.com/store1.html to see the painted items I have done that are available at Kathleens Kottage on 331.
    OH - and if you buy more than one piece - I will give you a 10-15% discount!
    How can you beat THAT!:clap_1:

17. ozbeachmom

ozbeachmom Beach Lover

I LOVE YOUR ART!! That is exactly what I am looking for. The barstools are great, how much do they run?
    Can I set up a time when I come for Spring Break to meet with you? Maybe at the Kottage?

Thanks,
    OZbeachmom:roll:

18. 30AStyleArtist

30AStyleArtist Beach Lover

I'm glad!
    I sent you a private message....

19. ozbeachmom

ozbeachmom Beach Lover

Hi Kim,
    I emailed you!

Thanks everyone for your help!

20. florida girl

florida girl Beach Fanatic

I like the guy that owns Sandcastle Designs, he's got some nice stuff.