• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jay McM

Beach Comber
Aug 20, 2016
Point Washington
How many backwater/skinny water fly fisherman do we have here in SoWal? Anyone interested in discussing patterns, gear or active species?

Low Brow

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2014
I cannot wait for September/October. I haven't had much chance to get out this year due to work but I am anxious for the best time of the year is on the horizon. I love some tailing action on fly.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
A daark green and white/silver streamer pattern titched slowly on (or just under) the surface after sunset or before sunup works well on specks....even in relatively deep water (i.e. 5 - 10 feet)..

Jay McM

Beach Comber
Aug 20, 2016
Point Washington
Blue and white clouser minnow worked awesome at Grayton Beach this morning! If you can cast past the breaking waves there where schools of ladyfish that where hitting as soon as you hit the water.

Jay McM

Beach Comber
Aug 20, 2016
Point Washington
Blue and white clouser minnow worked awesome at Grayton Beach this morning! If you can cast past the breaking waves there where schools of ladyfish that where hitting as soon as you hit the water.

Jay McM

Beach Comber
Aug 20, 2016
Point Washington
image.jpeg A baitfish pattern using misty blue kinky hair, gold ice wing fiber and wild olive kinky hair finished off with 5/16 super pearl holo eye on a crimped mustad size 2 hook.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I think I saw you out there fishing when I was walking my Boston Terrier that morning! Looked like fun. I haven't done any fly fishing here. I don't have a saltwater setup. Lots of other fishing, though.

Today at the Western Lake outfall out past the breakers, there was a nice school of bluefish. I caught a bunch of them on a jig with a 4" grub, but they probably would have taken almost anything and would have been a total blast with a fly rod.