SoWal High School Presents HARVEY!

Discussion in 'Events and Activities' started by Jdarg, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Please show your support for the SoWal High School Drama Department!

Harvey will be presented December 6, 7, and 8, at 7 pm each evening, at the SWHS auditorium.

Tickets are $5 for students and $7 for adults.

Harvey is a Pulitzer Prize winning 1944 play (and a 1950 film) about Elwood P. Dowd, a mild mannered, pleasant man, who just happens (he says) to have an invisible friend resembling a 6'3" rabbit.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  2. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Yoo hoo!

Posters will go up around town this weekend- please support high school performing arts!

Every person that attends makes the applause sound a little louder.....and these kids and their teacher deserve a standing ovation.:clap:

3. ShallowsNole

ShallowsNole Beach Fanatic

Re: SW High School Presents HARVEY!

For those planning to attend Harvey without dinner plans, come out a little early on Thursday the 6th or Friday the 7th, and grab some grub from the SWHS Men's Basketball concession stand. Heck, come out at 5:30 either evening and cheer on our JV Seahawks! :clap: I forget what admission is, but it isn't much. Might be a good idea to come out early to ensure a parking space!

Basketball families, lets come back out to the school on the 8th and support the drama students! :cool:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  4. 30A Skunkape

30A Skunkape Mr. Small Box

I love thespians:D

5. kathydwells

kathydwells Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname

I would be there if I was there, but I am not there, but I will be there in spirit!!!! Here is a big applause to all those great kids. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

6. Mermaid

Mermaid picky

Here here! My son's old high school performed Harvey last year and it was very well received so here's to the same success in SoWal!

7. Mango

Mango SoWal Insider

I say we all buy tickets who can't attend and let the kids donate them to someone or use the funds for the next play.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  8. NoHall

NoHall hmmmm......can't remember

If I buy a ticket, will someone sit next to my empty seat and say that I'm a pooka?

JDarg, I expect nightly updates...we need to hear good news from these kiddos!

9. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Hopefully one of the drama students on SoWal will see your post and tell everyone- but I'm going to tell them too! You are awesome, Mango.:clap:

10. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

I will put a sign on your seat "NoHall is here. No really, she is.":lol:

11. NoHall

NoHall hmmmm......can't remember

Or just look over and talk to me every once in a while, carry my coat around, and say to people, "I'd like you to meet my good friend NoHall..."

12. Kase626

Kase626 Beach Fanatic

Check out the posters around town. A big thanks to Kevin Boyle, who designed them for us!:clap:

We're so close!! Everyone's getting really excited. Thanks so much for everyone's constant support. We can't wait to put on a great show for you guys!:D

13. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

:clap:...I love the smell of grease paint! I can feel your excitement! Good luck to all and have a wonderful time!

14. BeachSiO2

BeachSiO2 Beach Fanatic

Ok, I have not read the play so I believe that I am imminently qualified to speak against this propaganda on the following grounds:

1. The "play" includes imaginary friends which depending on the friend's direction could be the Devil encouraging Harvey to break the 10 commandments.
    2. The friend is a very big rabbit which as we all know would encorage students to have lots of sex since rabbits have sex and he is so big.
    3. The play is from 1944 and thus must have been written as an overture to the Nazi regime.
    4. This play will probably have some type of music and we all know that is devil's work too.

Based on the short description provided this is all I can glean as far as inappropriateness but I am unwilling to read the play to see if I have taken it out of context.

By the way, I am sorry for the pseudo-tangent but I couldn't think of a better way to say congrats on your perseverance and now go break a leg :)

15. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Just returned from slapping up the Harvey posters. Thanks to the following businesses who are community minded and who should get a mention here. There were many places that gave me the "we are corporate blah blah blah so we just will do business here and not participate." I love our local businesses and locally managed places.:wub:

Seaside Merchants
    For the Health of It
    Bank Trust in Grayton
    Blue Mountain Liquors
    Pizza by the Sea
    Movies by the Sea
    Sandestin Wine World
    South Walton Annex (thanks Shallowsnole)
    Grayton General Store

These are the posters I saw or put up- if your business is sporting a Harvey poster, let me know and I will add you to the list of awesome SoWal businesses!

I'm going to try and get a few more posters- I ran out! If your business would post one, please PM me!! Also, high school kids may be asking to hang their poster- please consider letting them have some window space through the weekend!:D

16. Camp Creek Kid

Camp Creek Kid Christini Zambini

Do we buy tickets at the door or can we can them in advance?

17. Cheering472

Cheering472 SoWal Insider

Break a leg! Let us know how it goes.

18. BeachSiO2

BeachSiO2 Beach Fanatic

Try the Chamber, TDC, GiGi's in Rosemary Beach, I have seen posters in the first two before, and GiGi's is a kid's store.

19. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Thank you dahlin'!

20. Uncle Timmy

Uncle Timmy Beach Fanatic

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Rabbits encourage sex? Great, there goes Easter.