• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mandy Martin

Beach Comber
Sep 19, 2017
Walton
My opinion: I have done a lot of praying about the situation that is happening in Walton County right now. Everyone wants to complain, but they dont want to stand up and do anything about it. If you dont come together and stand up for yourself, what you believe in and what is right then you deserve everything that will or is happening to you now. If you turn your head to whats happening to you and/or your co-worker(s), then you are no better than tbey are. We as Christians are supposed to stand up for each other and walk in his likeness. I can just imagine Jesus walking on this earth and turning his head to what is happening to you or your neighbor. Really! You say you pray about it, that God will take care of it. Did you ever think he might need or want you to make a difference. We all know it doesnt just stop with the Chair. Even if she does step down you still have 5 more that will continue and need to go. You can make the difference. We need change and i mean change all around.

If you cant stand up, then i dont want to hear another complaint about anything that is going on. People should be able to go to work and do their jobs. Departments should not be micromanaged to their benefit.

Think about what i am trying to say.. If your turn your head, then I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT!

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, Agnostics, Rastafarians ... STAND UP!

Ummm .... what exactly are we turning heads or not turning heads from?

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Stand up to the most ungodly administration in the history of the nation. The Christian Right needs to start acting Christian and do something right for a change.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Sounds like it references a local county issue, not a national issue some may have.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Mandy,

I appreciate your message in the spirit it was intended however, the message sorta got twisted in there with faith, prayer and the expectation that God can fix the problems.

I'm not doubting your faith, you have every right to believe whatever you choose.

The reality is that Cecilia Jones has USED God as a whip to beat people into submission. The woman is crazy (IMO) and so is Trump for that matter.

This country is in some deep trouble and the only way to fix it is to start at the local level by demanding better from elected officials. The governor needs to get up off his a$$ as well but as long as people continue to put party over principals and money can influence/buy elections, nothing changes.

Cecilia Jones asked to lead prayer for the Republican womens club here in Defuniak and because of her position on the BCC her request was granted. People who see through her are appalled and don't want her opening their meetings with prayer but say nothing to change it...so nothing changes.

Generally the BCC meetings are opened with prayer by some form of clergy of Cecilia Jones choosing. I've been told I am some kind of devil incarnate because I refuse to stand for the hypocrisy. The reality is I sit silently in protest and refuse to participate in it.

Ms. Jones is a false prophet. The woman changes churches like most women change their panties. Whatever church can get her the most votes is where she will be on any given Sunday and the pew probably has her name engraved on it.

Religion has NO PLACE in politics! WE have to stop voting on faith. I don't care what your faith is or whether or not you were born and raised in Walton County. I care about the decisions you make that affect your fellow co workers, our community. I care about voting for those who make decisions that benefit all of us and not just filthy rich developers.

God does not enter into the equation and I'm not looking to him to bail us out of the fine mess Cecilia Jones has gotten us into because he doesn't vote. You and I do!

VOTE FOR POSITIVE CHANGE!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
P.S. my point is....evil triumphs when good people do nothing. It has prospered in Walton County under Cecilia Jones

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
All politics start locally and religious faith is not a part-time practice.

It should never be practiced in our halls of government.

Religion has NO PLACE in our government. Anyone has the inherent right to walk in faith and practice whatever form of religion they choose. Their rights END when it infringes on the rights of others or when it's used to influence decisions by elected officials or as a weapon to silence/punish their constituents, to garner votes or to falsely claim you are Christian and your actions are directed by God.

Hurting others is NOT directed by God.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Also when bad people do nothing.

Poppaj, to me that seems like an oxymoron because bad people don't sit an do nothing.

Look at Cecilia Jones. She has actively destroyed democracy and people who do her bidding go along to draw a paycheck which makes them active participants.