• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

SCROLL DOWN FOR A SUMMARY OF THE PLAY

poster.stinkycheesemanWEB.jpg

Based on the beloved book by Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith, the irreverent parody gives classic fairy tales a wickedly delightful twist. What do you get when you take classic fairy tales and turn them on their head? According to The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales, the Ugly Duckling grows up to be A Really Ugly Duck, Cinderella snubs Rumpelstiltskin, and the Princess kisses a frog only to end up with a mouthful of slime. Intertwined throughout the show, the zany takes on traditional fairy tales are sure to delight audiences of all ages.

First published in 1992, The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales quickly became a favorite family book. Featuring cheeky, fractured fairy tales by Jon Scieszka and vibrant, fantastical illustrations by Lane Smith, the book was designated as a Caldecott Honor Book in 1993.​

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I tried it make this post even bigger, but ran out of room on my screen.;-) But now that y'all have the whole web page- go to the Rep schedule and look at the other summer productions and the schedule for the rest of the year!

We are entirely too excited for Stinky Cheese!! (I never thought I would say something like this!)

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Thanks for the info. We need to check on the last show, because it has it listed as Tuesdays, ending Aug 11, but Aug 11 is a Monday.

Cannot wait to see this!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Woo hoo! The much anticipated Stinky Cheese Man opens tomorrow night.:clap:

A little bird (that happens to live in our house) told me that it is hilarious and that young AND old will be loving it!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
See y'all at Watercolor for some Stinky Cheese- tonight!! Bring your own picnic blankets, chairs, and popcorn!:wave:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Congrats to the Rep for another fine production. Stinky Cheese Man was a lot fo fun for adults and kids alike. If you missed it, you gotta catch the next go 'round.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Wow! I wasn't expecting there to be more people at Stinky Cheese... than the crowd at the Neville Bros. You never know around here. (okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit, but not by much.)

Great performance! I may have to go read all of those fairy tales to put it all together. COWPIE!