• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Our hearts are sad, and our thoughts and prayers are with our good friend InletBchDweller (IBD) and her family. Her mother, Wanda Irby, and sister, Deborah Irby, along with friends Roxanne Costello, her husband Barry DeLong, and pilot John Johnson lost their lives in a small plane crash 20 miles south of Chipley, Florida this morning. No one else was aboard.

All four were residents of Seacrest Beach. They were in route from Destin to the Bahamas to meet Deborah's husband at their home there when bad weather is believed to have caused the tragic accident.

The SoWal community is already coming together and working to do whatever we can for IBD and her family during this sad time.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
This is so very sad. My heart and prayers go to IBD and her family during this most difficult time. Unimaginable, for sure. When you know where services will be, please post it so that those of us who want to remember IBD and her family at this sad time can do so.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
My heart breaks for all of them. Our sincerest condolences.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
Kurt, Thank you for sharing the sad news.

IDB...Words do not adequately express my sadness for you and your family. I am so sorry about your loss. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. May God provide you comfort during this time.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
:shock::sosad: I had just heard about Deborah and her mom, but I had no idea about Roxanne and John. The news is just heart-breaking.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Rebecca (IBD), Jdarg and I (and kids) had just left the movies this afternoon when she got the phone call. Jenny spent time with her this afternoon. We know many of you will want to help the IBD family with your caring support.

We'll try to keep all of IBD's SoWal friends informed of events. She knows we are making this announcement. She will need all of our prayers and support in the days and weeks to come.

Much love to IBD, Mr IBD, and Little IBD... :love:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
My heart and my soul is crying for dear IBD and family. I love you girl. You are ever in my thoughts.

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
I am so very sorry, words seem so inadequate. Keep us posted and if there is anything that we can do as a SoWal board community, please let us know. I will keep IBD and her family in my prayers.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I am so sad...to lose friends and colleagues like this -- it is tragic. My thoughts are with the families. I have such fond memories of working with them. Life is so very fragile.....