1. Hello everyone - with recent Forum upgrade, here are a few issues you may need help with. Thanks for your patience!

- some accounts with same email address were merged. So if you have any login issues, send us a message with your username and email address and we'll sort it out. If you send us email by Hotmail we will not be able to respond. Hotmail is blocked.
    - the Forum App is no longer needed and has been disabled. The site is now mobile-friendly. Just browse to http://SoWal.com/forum"> on your phone's browser and tap "add to home screen".
    - Click Here for help, more info, and to post questions / give feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts and Prayers for IBD and family

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by kurt, Dec 22, 2006.

1. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Our hearts are sad, and our thoughts and prayers are with our good friend InletBchDweller (IBD) and her family. Her mother, Wanda Irby, and sister, Deborah Irby, along with friends Roxanne Costello, her husband Barry DeLong, and pilot John Johnson lost their lives in a small plane crash 20 miles south of Chipley, Florida this morning. No one else was aboard.

All four were residents of Seacrest Beach. They were in route from Destin to the Bahamas to meet Deborah's husband at their home there when bad weather is believed to have caused the tragic accident.

The SoWal community is already coming together and working to do whatever we can for IBD and her family during this sad time.

2. Indigo Jill

Indigo Jill Beach Fanatic

I had heard "rumors" about this earlier today and am sad to hear the confirmation. My thoughts are with IBD, the Costello family and Johnson family.

3. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

This is so very sad. My heart and prayers go to IBD and her family during this most difficult time. Unimaginable, for sure. When you know where services will be, please post it so that those of us who want to remember IBD and her family at this sad time can do so.

4. Mermaid

Mermaid picky

My heart breaks for all of them. Our sincerest condolences.

5. iwishiwasthere

iwishiwasthere Beach Fanatic

Kurt, Thank you for sharing the sad news.

IDB...Words do not adequately express my sadness for you and your family. I am so sorry about your loss. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. May God provide you comfort during this time.

6. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

:shock::( I had just heard about Deborah and her mom, but I had no idea about Roxanne and John. The news is just heart-breaking.

7. Teresa

Teresa Moderator Staff Member

Rebecca (IBD), Jdarg and I (and kids) had just left the movies this afternoon when she got the phone call. Jenny spent time with her this afternoon. We know many of you will want to help the IBD family with your caring support.

We'll try to keep all of IBD's SoWal friends informed of events. She knows we are making this announcement. She will need all of our prayers and support in the days and weeks to come.

Much love to IBD, Mr IBD, and Little IBD... :wub:

8. Allifunn

Allifunn FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com

My heart and my soul is crying for dear IBD and family. I love you girl. You are ever in my thoughts.

9. dbuck

dbuck Beach Fanatic

I am so very sorry, words seem so inadequate. Keep us posted and if there is anything that we can do as a SoWal board community, please let us know. I will keep IBD and her family in my prayers.

10. GoodWitch58

GoodWitch58 Beach Fanatic

I am so sad...to lose friends and colleagues like this -- it is tragic. My thoughts are with the families. I have such fond memories of working with them. Life is so very fragile.....

11. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Dear IBD and family...I hope you can feel the warm embrace of your sowal family. I am so sorry for your loss. My heart is aching for you and I want you to know my prayers are with you. God Bless you all.

12. Cork On the Ocean

Cork On the Ocean directionally challenged

Rebecca, my heart is breaking for you sweetie. As I said earlier, if there is ANYTHING at all that I can do, just let me know. I am so lucky to know both you and Deb. Your mom raised such beautiful daughters. You know I'll be overseas for the service but my heart and love will be with you, Les and your family. :wub:

Thanks Jdarg and toots for being there for her and I know that her sowal family will help get her through this.

Sorry I'm not there to hold you right now sweet IBD :( but I'm there if you need me for anything.

13. pgurney

pgurney Beach Fanatic

How very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, IBD.

14. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

IBD,
    I am so so sorry. I really don't have any words. Just know that I am praying for you and your family. I'm glad you were with friends when you got the news. May God comfort you in the hours, days and weeks to come.

[​IMG]

15. Allifunn

Allifunn FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com

Such a hard thing on all of you Rebecca, just know that we all love you. You, Les and especially little IBD are in our thoughts and prayers

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  16. Lady D

Lady D SoWal Insider

:( This is such a sad thing! I'm so sorry for IBD. My thoughts are with her and her family.

17. Mango

Mango SoWal Insider

IBD, Mr.IBD and little IBD. I am so sad for you for your losses that words can not express. Just know that you are in my prayers and thoughts and here for you.

18. supermom262

supermom262 Beach Fanatic

My prayers will be for you, your family and friends. I am so sorry for this tragedy in your lives. May God be with all of you.

19. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    IBD I don't know what to say that hasn't been said. I am heartbroken for you and your family. What a loss for you and the SoWal community. :( :( You are in my prayers.

20. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we
    IBD, Little IBD, and Mr. IBD,

From my entire family, we extend our hearts, our love and our compassion to all of you. You will be in our thoughts, our prayers, and our hearts. I know words are not a lot at this point in time. But please know you and your family are so very loved by each and everyone of us.