• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

familyoffour

Beach Comber
Apr 23, 2006
Down South
It's me again, sorry to ask another rental question.

Can anyone give me any information on this resort or the others that are in the Sandestin Resort community? Does the Sandestin Resort offer lots to do?

I am looking for a gulf-front condo that won't break the family budget, if you know what I mean.

I appreciate all the information people have left for me on OSP and Beachcrest and hope I can have similar help with this.

Picking a place is driving me crazy. :dunno:

Thanks so much.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
How many bedrooms/bath - do you need - what kind of amenities - etc. IF you give us some more info - maybe someone can make a better suggestions for you.

familyoffour

Beach Comber
Apr 23, 2006
Down South
I am just looking for 2 bedroom/2 bath/gulf-front property. I like the Seaside/Seagrove area but have never tried staying at Sandestin Resort and wondered how that resort/town was and if there were any properties for rent that were affordable. $2,000 or preferrably under that, would be great. Looking for 8-5 to 8-12 week. 2 adults/2 small children.

Thanks and hope this helps. :D

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
familyoffour said:
I am just looking for 2 bedroom/2 bath/gulf-front property. I like the Seaside/Seagrove area but have never tried staying at Sandestin Resort and wondered how that resort/town was and if there were any properties for rent that were affordable. $2,000 or preferrably under that, would be great. Looking for 8-5 to 8-12 week. 2 adults/2 small children.

Thanks and hope this helps. :D

I don't know Sandestin, but we always have stayed within walking/biking distance of Seaside, so I'm pretty familiar with the area. Two gulf-side properties we've always liked are Emerald Hill and The Palms of Seagrove, both only a mile east from Seaside. The Palms is a one-bedroom with bunks in the hall. When our children were young, this arrangement was perfectly acceptable for us. Both condos are very well-kept and reasonable in price.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I have stayed at both Beach Manor at Tops'l and Beachside I at Sandestin. I'm not really a high-rise person, but both are nice properties. I think someone posted a link to Gibson Beach Rentals in another thread. They manage some really nice units at both properties. Nice folks, too.

One question: Do you actually PREFER a high-rise? If not, I would be looking at some gulf-front townhomes.

beachbuddy

Beach Comber
Feb 10, 2005
Tennessee
We stayed at Tops'l Beach Manor last October, when hurricane damage forced us out of our usual gulf-front townhouse. We had never stayed in a high-rise before and prefer the 30-A are to Destin, but we were pleasantly surprised by Tops'l. The nicest thing about it is its proximity to the Topsail Nature Preserve. The balcony views to the east are uninterrupted by high rises and a short walk to the east takes you to virtually deserted beaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

FLSunChaser

Beach Lover
Apr 26, 2006
Tops'l Beach Manor is fabulous. I would check with ResortQuest who manages Tops'l Resort. I don't think you get any of the amenities if you go through Gibson Rentals - the beach service, etc. I think you have to pay extra for that.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
FLSunChaser said:
Tops'l Beach Manor is fabulous. I would check with ResortQuest who manages Tops'l Resort. I don't think you get any of the amenities if you go through Gibson Rentals - the beach service, etc. I think you have to pay extra for that.

So you think Resort Quest isn't charging for that stuff? Riiight. Gibson just doesn't include it in their price like RQ does. More of an honest approach if you ask me. I think if you were to compare two identical units - one managed through RQ and another managed by Gibson, you would see that you are indeed paying for that stuff through RQ.

Not pushing Gibson here, but unlike RQ, they are a relatively small family-owned company. There is also no physical check-in with them. You simply settle up over the phone and go straight to your unit upon arrival. They give you a code to the lockbox on the unit.

The comment above about being right next to Topsail Hill is a great point. I would still rather stay in a townhome or low rise, but if you HAVE to go the high rise route, Beach Manor would be an excellent choice.

beachbuddy

Beach Comber
Feb 10, 2005
Tennessee
Gibson made it clear to us that if we wanted the amenities package, we would have to purchase it from Tops'l upon arrival, if we wanted it. We looked into it once we got there and decided that it was unnecessary. The primary purpose of the amenities card is to allow you to use the on-site restaurants and gift shop, which didn't interest us.
The Gibson rentals did include a complementary beach set-up, which was what we were most interested in.