• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lois

Beach Lover
Aug 23, 2005
On the bay
Squirrel is now a very handsome Argentine Mastiff/American Bulldog. Last year someone found him tethered to a tree and the chain had left his neck completely raw and he was very malnourished. He was brought to the Chipley shelter but they did not have the funds to get him back to health. Alaqua Animal Refuge agreed to take him and found the funds to get him better, which took approx. 6-months. The agreement was for him to return to the Chipley shelter once he was back to full health and he sadly left Alaqua a few weeks ago and is in need of a forever home.

We've been unable to find Squirrel a home locally, however, there is a shelter in Denver that has expressed an interest in him and we're collecting funds to cover his transportation costs but we need someone to drive him across country. Is there anyone out there driving to Denver anytime soon that would be willing to take Squirrel along?

Squirrel loves playing with other dogs and is a gentle-giant when playing with dogs of smaller stature. However, he cannot be around cats. Here is a good synopsis of his breed: http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/dogoargentino.html

Please share this information, we hate to think of him not getting the attention he so deserves. If interested, please call: 850-638-2082 or 850-260-6781.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/22513729

THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Lois

Beach Lover
Aug 23, 2005
On the bay
Squirrel is STILL waiting for a home locally or transportation. Can ANYONE please help??? He's such a wonderful dog and deserves a 2nd chance.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Thank you, Lord, this sweet deserving boy has an amazing new home, in AL! I'm from SRB and haven't been on sowal much last 1.5 yrs, due to going to Mobile, AL dealing with breast cancer surgeries, chemo, and all the ugh.... that goes along with it! I've rescued, rehomed, reunited, run in to traffic for furry babies, etc... on sowal and I'm doing what I can now! I called about this sweet boy and he has a loving family and lives on 80 acres! Bless you sweet boy and your wonderful family, of angels!:)