• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jcpd2

Beach Lover
Aug 31, 2008
I'm just glad I don't own, nor am considering, property at Redfish. My main concern, for the music events especially, is a venue in a residential area with plenty of alcohol being consumed. That was one problem the Hampton wouldn't have faced.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Stinky's does not have adequate parking now. Visitors have to park along 30A or pay the valet. Redfish also does not have adequate parking so the same problems will take place on 30A or on Hwy 83. Other than the beach access issue, it seems that the same problems argued over the Hampton with crowds and parking also will exist in Redfish but with added music impacting the current owners.

If you're paying for valet at Stinky's then you're not doing it right.

This isn't the first or last event venue coming to sowal this year. Another one was just approved by the BCC and no one seemed to notice.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Why doesn't anybody ever say anything about Local Catch putting cars down 150 feet of the bike path on almost a weekly basis for football games?

Technically Local Catch isn't putting anything out there. To be fair those are people choosing to park their. They have also been fairly good about not blocking the bike path.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
I'm just glad I don't own, nor am considering, property at Redfish. My main concern, for the music events especially, is a venue in a residential area with plenty of alcohol being consumed. That was one problem the Hampton wouldn't have faced.
The existing structure has always been a restaurant / bar / music venue and was approved as such in the development order along with a lot of other commercial space in the development. What's the name of your dog in the fight sir?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
is it a problem? I have never heard that it's an issue with anyone in that area. Great peeps at Local Catch!

It can get a little crowded on Sunday afternoons driving that stretch of 30A, but it one is doing the speed limit of 25 mph it's not difficult to navigate and I've seen worse parking at Gulf Place and Seaside in actual roadside parking.

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
Local Catch and Stinky's both routinely park cars all along 30a and on nearby roads because their parking is so inadequate. Not sure how many spaces at Redfish are designated for the restaurant, but bet there aren't enough for 400 patrons and staff.

jcpd2

Beach Lover
Aug 31, 2008
The existing structure has always been a restaurant / bar / music venue and was approved as such in the development order along with a lot of other commercial space in the development. What's the name of your dog in the fight sir?

No dog. Just finding it curious that there is more support for a business that would impact the area in a similar fashion than other developments that have been opposed. To be fair, I'm not sure The Bowery ever generated the business that was noticeable in the area.