• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

HTeeWalton

Beach Comber
Nov 8, 2017
Somewhere on a golf course
yesterday at the meeting a resident alluded to commissioners being involved with some of the projects that were submitted. Can anyone elaborate on that? I find it very interesting.

I’m also curious how projects being pre-screened were chosen as top priorities. I noticed one medical clinic “Stone Clinical Laboratories” was chosen as the highest class priority therefore going on to be submitted to the Triumph board. Was any research done on these? A quick google search of “Christopher Ridgeway” leads to lawsuits involving trade secrets, bankruptcy filing, etc. Yet his company is asking for almost 7 million dollars. Maybe his company is legit and he’s worthy of the money, but I’d rather see the money go to local companies and not someone with questionable practices and ethics out of Louisiana get awarded the money.

Just my two cents worth.

Last edited:

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
That’s not what I alluded to in my comments.

I was referring to members of the Local Triump Committee that have projects in the submissions and then voted to advance their own project and a project that was advanced that had actually not filed any paperwork for the committee to evaluate. I was told that project was submitted by an Okaloosa County Commissioner.

Why would Walton County advance a project for another County.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Thank you for clarifying. With everything going on with the commissioners, it’s hard to not question everything they say and do.

I'd be questioning allot too.

Imma tell you a story.

There was an ex county commissioner from Gulf County who had some shady dealings in regard to BP monies along with his girlfriend at the time (now his wife) who opened up a public relations firm a few weeks after the spill and soon landed more than $14,000 of the tiny county's $236,000 cut of BP cash for a month's work.

Amber Davis, who lived with Gulf County, Fla., Commissioner Bill Williams, incorporated Statecraft LLC less than a month after oil began streaming into the Gulf. Three months later, Statecraft won a month long, $14,468 contract to perform public information and government liaison work for the county of about 15,000 people.

Davis, who has worked in marketing and community relations, said she had planned to form her company before the spill. She also had volunteered for the county's emergency operations center for three months before she was given the contract.

"There is a perception of a conflict of interest in just about anything that anybody does," Davis said. "I guess my statement to that was that I volunteered anywhere from 15 to 18 hours a day for three months and never received a penny."

Williams said he consulted the county attorney and an ethics commission, and neither saw a problem with awarding the contract to Davis.

Link to that story here: www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2011/04/bp_buys_gulf_coast_millions_in.html

Gulf County awarded an identical one-month, $14,468 contract -- this one for monitoring beach pollution -- to Florida Eco Services, a company founded days after the rig explosion by Patrick Farrell, whose wife is on the board of the local Chamber of Commerce.

Then there was that pesky “extortion” investigation by the FDLE, which I have tried to post here in PDF Format but the file is to large. There is a link; http://ufdcimages.uflib.ufl.edu/UF/00/02/84/19/03873/12-27-2012.pdf which I hope works.

Then there was his testimony before the House Oversight Government Reform Committee in regard to BP monies that he and his current wife personally benefited from; www.c-span.org/video/?299845-2/gulf-coast-recovery-bp-oil-spill-panel-2

And there was also that pesky Ethics Complaint that was filed against him that he was FOUND GUILTY of as a first time Commissioner in Gulf County (he lost re-election) that he never even bothered to respond to; www.fec.state.fl.us/FECWebFi.nsf/0/37C21D92F7F891B285257B41005EE934/$file/017.pdf

At some point he married his current wife and by their own admission adopted two down syndrome boys from the Ukraine (a very costly endeavor) and bought a 1/2 million dollar, 2 story home in Jan of this year after an accident (in Nov last year) that left his wife in a wheelchair with paraplegia. Seriously? 3 down syndrome children, a mother in a wheelchair and you buy a 1/2 million dollar 2 story home in Defuniak (the Biddle House, google it) and then our Sheriff sponsors a fish fry fundraiser to raise money for a $25k wheelchair? Tickets were being sold from the Courthouse Annex for the fish fry. The Florida Georgia Line band happened to be in the annex for a beach permit, saw the posters and generously donated the wheelchair. In addition the fish fry ran out of fish (at $10.00 per plate) before noon and the fundraiser then became about a $60K handicapped van and the hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of medical expenses they had incurred. There was also 2 or 3 different gofund me type accounts which raised money that paid for the $60K handicapped van in addition to the fish fry.

I also learned via a public information request that the taxpayers foot the bill for Mr. Williams penchant for expensive cigars which he used the county credit card to purchase and there was approximately about $1000. dollars worth of other purchases at Wal Mart that included Christmas decorations but when we requested those receipts, was told they may not have been purchases actually made by Bill Williams which begs the question...who else has access to that credit card? The County Administrator did request that the funds for the cigar purchases be repaid and cautioned him not to use the county credit card anymore for personal purchases.

A few days ago I learned that his wife is is now a consultant in the Owls Head project and if things go according to plan she stands to become a very rich woman from Triumph funds. No conflict of interest here folks...nothing to see. It's my understanding that those on the Committee who ranked these projects are fans of the current BCC including C. Jones and Tony Anderson.

HTeeWalton

Beach Comber
Nov 8, 2017
I actually had made a comment on the thread about Owls Head wanting money too from Triumph. You know back in the day they were selling it as “new urbanism” throw up a million houses on top of each other because it’s “high elevation” and safe from storms. Now all of the sudden it’s “agragarian” and lets have a farming community and teach kids how to farm and share the community with everyone...peace, love, and cow patties. Owls Head making it to the top of the list is a huge disappointment as well. It’s another developer putting their hands in the money pot. Or in the “agragarian” community the hogs getting fat off the slop.

Things just aren’t adding up with the project selections in my opinion. Who exactly are the people that are appointed to the triumph board?

Last edited:

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I actually had made a comment on the thread about Owls Head wanting money too from Triumph. You know back in the day they were selling it as “new urbanism” throw up a million houses on top of each other because it’s “high elevation” and safe from storms. Now all of the sudden it’s “agragarian” and lets have a farming community and teach kids how to farm and share the community with everyone...peace, love, and cow patties. Owls Head making it to the top of the list is a huge disappointment as well. It’s another developer putting their hands in the money pot. Or in the “agragarian” community the hogs getting fat off the slop.

Things just aren’t adding up with the project selections in my opinion. Who exactly are the people that are appointed to the triumph board?

I think Bob Hudson can answer your questions about who the appointments were.

Here is a story done by the Walton Sun on the Owls Head fiasco.
www.waltonsun.com/news/20171027/owls-head-plans-include-farm-education

I'm curious as to why Mrs. Williams is referred to as Amber Davis in the article?? Was the omission of her married name intentional so that people could/would not connect the dots as to who her husband is?

The article says; "The owner/developer of Owl’s Head has a dream"...the reality is, someone has had a dream for that property since I moved here 30 years ago and it has always involved money that could be gotten from County Government for development or infrastructure or other government funded monies. "Something for Nothing"!

HTeeWalton

Beach Comber
Nov 8, 2017
@Kaydence I felt the timing of the article was very calculated given the deadline of the triumph filings. Mr. Williams was described by someone as “very crooked, very shady”. And that comes from someone who is a rather large landowner/developer in Walton county. It’s amazing what you overhear at Nick’s!!!!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Also, according to a public records request Bill Williams salary is $74,477.31 (The PIO for Walton County has since said the pubic information that was requested and sent by the County Attorney was not accurate) but it begs some other questions...

(Remember...3 children with down syndrome and ongoing medical expenses, a wife with paraplegia, mounting medical bills, a 1/2 million dollar home purchased this year.)

The article on Owls Head that I posted said Amber Davis had been "consulting with them"...but doesn't mention for how long. I now for a fact its recent because she was hospitalized in Atlanta until May of this year.

How on earth can anyone afford the lifestyle on that salary?

Oh and did I mention that someone was also called and pretty much threatened by Bill Williams?

You don't have to tell me how shady he is, I've done the research. ;););)

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
yesterday at the meeting a resident alluded to commissioners being involved with some of the projects that were submitted. Can anyone elaborate on that? I find it very interesting.

I’m also curious how projects being pre-screened were chosen as top priorities. I noticed one medical clinic “Stone Clinical Laboratories” was chosen as the highest class priority therefore going on to be submitted to the Triumph board. Was any research done on these? A quick google search of “Christopher Ridgeway” leads to lawsuits involving trade secrets, bankruptcy filing, etc. Yet his company is asking for almost 7 million dollars. Maybe his company is legit and he’s worthy of the money, but I’d rather see the money go to local companies and not someone with questionable practices and ethics out of Louisiana get awarded the money.

Just my two cents worth.

www.law360.com/articles/753965/stryker-wins-sanctions-after-ex-employee-hides-evidence

Why the hell does everyone wanting a handout in this county have questionable ethics and sketchy business practices?? Does the County NOT do ANY kind of investigation on people...like a simple background check? Obviously one wasn't done on Bill Williams or the county ignored what they knew and hired him anyway but this Ridgeway guy isn't even from here and wants money?? Geezus!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
www.wjhg.com/content/news/Walton-County-approves-TRIUMPH-oil-spill-request-list-455988313.html

Local Committee Members Gus Andrews-District 1 Appointee Juliet Milam-District 2 Appointee Bill Fletcher-District 3 Appointee Bob Brooke-District 4 Appointee Bonnie McQuiston-District 5 Appointee City of Freeport-Mayor Russ Barley City of Defuniak-City Manager Danny Lucas City of Paxton-Mayor Hayward Thomas Sheriff’s Office-Major Joe Preston Walton County School Board-Kim Kirby Northwest Florida State College-Dennis Sherwood