• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

drunkkenartist

Beach Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
Sunny Hills, FL
www.drunkkenart.com
Has anyone seen "Urban Cowboy- The Musical"?

I just got tickets for the show Thursday, Feb 22nd at Marina Civic Center, downtown Panama City.

I know its on tour to many major metro areas, so I'm sure SOMEONE in here has seen it.

Anyone else from here going?

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
I had no idea it was even a musical. I saw the movie a bajillion times when it came out of HBO when I was a teen. We even had 2 finches named Bud and Sissy. Tell us how it is Dka...I'm sure it'll be funn.

drunkkenartist

Beach Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
Sunny Hills, FL
www.drunkkenart.com
I remember when the Travolta movie came out, I was in high school. People started dressing the part. Mechanical bulls started showing up in dance clubs and state fairs. However I must confess, I never saw the movie. I'm going out of curiosity, however, tonight after reading the New York reviews, I wonder what I've gotten myself into.

Apparently when it opened on Broadway it bombed. But before it had a chance to get started, the guy that wrote the original book, that was set to direct the play, died of a heart attack. That was 2003. The show ran two nights and was about to close but got a stay of execution.
Since then it has received numerous awards and nominations. Then it started touring in 2004, and has been on the road ever since to good reviews. This should be interesting.

Meanwhile, tonight I went to see "Cabaret" at the Kaleidoscope Theatre here in Lynn Haven. For a local production, it wasn't bad. I've seen the touring Broadway production three times, each slightly different, each time had more shock value added.
This version was "a kinder gentler" version, by my standards, yet still raised quite a few eyebrows in this "church on every corner" community. The mere fact that they were performing caused quite a stir over here, and I walked away thinking it was rather harmless. And the talent was right on the mark. The lead male tended to 'overact', but all in all the show was worth the $18 to get in. It was my first time at the Kaleidoscope and I was impressed.