• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Is there a place in SoWal which would be suitable for a piano recital? It would require at least a baby grand.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I was thinking Seering's as well. The Sandestin Hilton would be a good choice too.

NoHall

May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Would Seerings work for an actual recital? Like Beethoven/Bach? I guess I could call and ask.

Are you playing? Would love to hear it.

Maybe... I have a big fat recital in April, and I was advised to play it in 2 other venues before then, and I'd love to do them outside my home turf. Doesn't matter if it's for 5 people or for 50, but it does require an actual grand piano. (A baby grand is okay, too. Uprights just work differently, and it would make a difference.)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I just remembered that the Santa Rosa Beach Club has a baby grand I believe.

NoHall

May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Not sure recitals can be done where food and drink is served. Kitty gets out of hand sometimes...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ860P4iTaM"]YouTube - "NORA: Practice Makes Purr-fect" - Check the sequel too.[/ame]

and

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0zgQAp7EYw&feature=related"]YouTube - Nora: The Sequel - Better than the original![/ame]

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
:lolabove:

Just remember if you want to do it there talk to BB, she's got some pull.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I would think that the Point Washington Methodist Church would have the facilities to do that.

Except we don't have a baby grand. :sosad:

I would check with Santa Rosa Golf and Beach Club first, then Sandestin Hilton, then the place John R mentioned. Maybe not necessarily in that order.

Good luck!