• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I'm leaning toward the one on the upper left with the umbrellas. Any thoughts about why one is preferred over the other? I like the umbrellas because they say "beach" to me and I believe that's what the logo used to be (so it's what I'm used to). I like some of the other fonts better, though. Thoughts and preferences? I think it's helpful to hear other opinions before voting.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I'm leaning toward the one on the upper left with the umbrellas. Any thoughts about why one is preferred over the other? I like the umbrellas because they say "beach" to me and I believe that's what the logo used to be (so it's what I'm used to). I like some of the other fonts better, though. Thoughts and preferences? I think it's helpful to hear other opinions before voting.

I agree they all need more work.

A couple of points...
A lot of money has already gone into the change to the script. Time to get it right if we're spending a ton again. If it cost a million bucks to add Gulf Place to all the marketing materials, how much to change a logo?
If the TDC wants to change their branding from "Visit South Walton" to "South Walton Florida" shouldn't they own the domain?
I can think of 5 local designers off the top of my head who could all do better than these choices.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
What happen to "Villages..."? I thought that added a little charm to it. Visit South Walton. Cold.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I vote for top right font with the red/white umbrellas..kinda the same,just a bit updated.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
If I had to choose, I'd pick either the top left or the middle left. Don't like the font on the top left one, and the middle left needs something graphic like the umbrellas along with it. I think the top right one can be too easily confused for "fort walton" instead of "south walton".

Why don't you just sell them the SoWal logo? Or license them to use it? It's simple, compact, distinctive, and seems to be gaining traction.

After all these years, VRBO still refers to the area as "The Beaches of South Walton", not "South Walton." Tripadvisor doesn't even have a forum category for the area between Destin and PCB but lists the beach neighborhoods separately (seagrove, seaside, etc.). A search for "South Walton" on wikipedia brings up a disambiguation page for "Walton Beach", whose first reference is "Fort Walton Beach", with a secondary reference to "The beaches of Walton County, Florida on the Emerald Coast." I won't mention the confusion with Santa Rosa Beach and Santa Rosa county.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Walton

If I were in marketing I'd try doing something with all three sites to try to ensure South Walton points first to South Walton.