• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Neocrete

Beach Comber
Is there anyone who is familiar with the request by Walmart to amend original PUD and expand the Walmart by over 5000 sq ft for a liquor store.? I have tried to research online, contacted planning and called Anderson's office. There is a tech review meeting tomorrow am that I plan to attend.

My understanding is they are removing 40 or so parking places. Concessions were already made for reduced parking when they developed the property. I live in very close proximity and see first hand, every day, how screwed up this development is. There is already a shortage of parking. Ingress/egress that is insufficient. Turn lanes and traffic issues on 98. Accidents that occur on a regular basis. Increased crime. Over 2000 sq ft of trailers parked out behind the store permanently. And best yet... there is 230,000 sq ft of development STILL TO GO right across the street on Hewett Rd.

If Walmart wants to add a 5000 sq ft liquor store so be it. Do it within the confines of your existing store. Is there anyone who cares about QUALITY of life in South Walton?

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I don't recall exact numbers but I saw a request with basically the same info you have.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I've heard rumblings about this...

Here are my concerns:

There are not enough parking spaces at the "Small Mart" now as it is.

Additionally, there have been several major accidents at that intersection as it backs up into 98 when people slow down to turn left into the lot.

No way in hell this should be approved (but it will be...).

No Enforcement, never was, never will be.