• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I think the indicator that this is true is the absolute SILENCE by the BCC and then the "save" by Larry Jones saying they'd "look into it".

I agree, Proof is needed. Lets see some BCC!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I have yet to see proof that background checks are not done. Where is it?

Let me tell you what you need to do then...

Send a public information request to Genara Roop. Tell her you would like the backgound infomation that was done on Brian Walters prior to or during his employment.

I already know what the response will be but let me know what you get!!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
P.S. @What Now

Let's assume for the sake of argument there had been a background check done on Brian Walters...thats a "worst case scenario" because it means the county IGNORED information in his records which told them he was a convicted felon and a thief and hired him anyway.

Personally, ignoring the policy manual and just hiring him is actually preferable to knowingly hiring someone who has stolen in the past, was convicted and served time for it and you hire him giving him the opportunity to do it again.

What Now

Beach Comber
Nov 17, 2017
Crestview
Do we know for sure that you cant hire someone who has been in jail? I think someone said it has been 10 - 12 years. I dont know what the policy says. I have worked for companies where we could hire prior felons. It depended on what they were in jail for.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Do we know for sure that you cant hire someone who has been in jail? I think someone said it has been 10 - 12 years. I dont know what the policy says. I have worked for companies where we could hire prior felons. It depended on what they were in jail for.

I know what policy says in regard to background checks being conducted on potiential hires and I know it wasnt done on Brian Walters or Mac Carpenter. I think its selective at best.

If the county is going to hire convicted felons they need to hire all that apply.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida

10 or 12 years since he was last caught anyway! :doh: