• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Make plans to attend the Walton County Fair, Oct. 19-24, 2009 in DeFuniak Springs, Florida. A printed program is available in the DeFuniak Springs Herald/Beach Breeze weekly newspaper. Website is waltoncountyfair.com according to program. Hours are basically Monday-Thursday 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday is 5 p.m. to closing. Saturday is 10 a.m. until closing. Cost is generally $3 for adults; $2 for children 6-12, under 5 free; Thursday is Senior Citizens 62 and over (I'm guessing free); Armbands for rides range around $12 or $15 depending on night, day and time.

Longtime Walton County Fair participants Mary Vinson, Oscar Harrison and Evelyn Guthrie will be honored. Numerous exhibits, prizes, bingo, animals, plants, special entertainment and all that comes with a classic County Fair.

If you are in Walton County this is a must do event. If you are out of town, state or country, this is a great time to visit Walton County. Get out and enjoy our great fall weather and all that Walton County and our great historical and beautiful county has to offer. See you at the fair!!

The program lists Danny Glidewell as President of the Walton County Fair Board; Randall Infinger as Manager of the Walton County Fair; Bruce Ward as Walton County Extension Director; Kendra Zamojski as Walton County Family and Consumer Sciences Agent; Charles H. Bronson, Commissioner of Agriculture; and Suzanne H. Wilson as UF-IFAS Walton County 4-H Youth Development Agent.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I hope I can get the whole family to the fair this year!

Rapunzel has built a rain barrel display for the Master Gardeners, or maybe the County Extension booth? Maybe she will come on and describe it. It sounds cool- a working rain barrel with created rain I believe!

The fair schedule and info can be found in the insert in this week's DeFuniak Herald/Beach Breeze.;-)

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Can't wait. Nobody better get in my way on my quest to win outrageously huge stuffed animals. Please tell me there will be some sort of bizarre side show like a snake woman or a mermaid frozen in ice.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Can't wait. Nobody better get in my way on my quest to win outrageously huge stuffed animals. Please tell me there will be some sort of bizarre side show like a snake woman or a mermaid frozen in ice.

I'm hoping for Lobsterboy!

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
The first night was loads of fun. Be sure to stop by the Walton County Heritage Museum/Walton County Heritage Association booth. Buy a stone for the walkway between museum and caboose for that special Christmas gift. Help out a great non-profit. Lots of prizes to sign up for. Winners picked Saturday night. You don't have to be there to win. Many booths have free items. Great prizes for just $1 chance tickets. I'm going back to ride the ferris wheel and eat a funnel cake. Pilot Club has many goodies for sale. Sheriff's office and DFS police have coloring books, etc. for kids. I was amazed at the variety of chickens. Saw a bigger pig at the Texas State Fair at Dallas last week, but they had some mighty fine pigs on display. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
With today's beautiful weather, it would be a good day to head on up to the fair. Doors open at 5 p.m. Sunset is around 6 p.m. Forgot to mention all the art on display and for sale. Many local artists. Marvin Tweedy is the featured artist.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The Walton County Master Gardener booth took first place AND grand champion. Congrats to Rapunzel!!:clap:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Seniors (62 up) Free at Fair on Thursday -- "PIG AUCTION"

Thursday is Senior Citizens Day and seniors 62 and up get in free. Admission is only $3 for adults so you'll not want to not go today if you haven't hit this milestone. Also, today is the "PIG AUCTION!!!" Talk about a real event and great way to support our county youth.

Parking tip. Get to the fair early if you want to park in paved lot. People are lining up for tickets by 4:30 p.m. Gates/Doors open at 5 p.m. Otherwise, just be advised you will park just across the street. Most booths start winding down at 9 p.m. Rides go on a bit longer.