• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
WALTON COUNTY HISTORY FAIR AND TRACTOR PULL

DeFuniak Springs – The Walton County History Fair will be Saturday, March 13, 2010 at the Fairgrounds, Highway 83 in DeFuniak Springs. The Walton County History Association’s bi-annual fair will join the Walton County Fair Association’s Antique Farm Day and Tractor Pull.

History display exhibitors should complete an application form available at the Walton County Heritage Museum 1140 Circle Drive in DeFuniak Springs. Call 850-951-2127 for information and form. There is no charge for exhibit, but a $20 fee for those selling items is set. Admission to the Fair is $6 for adults, $3 for ages 12-15 and under 12 free.

The Walton County Heritage Museum is open Wednesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. The Walton County Heritage Museum Board of Trustees are pleased to work with our History and Fair Associations to bring this historical and fun event to the community.

brenda-rees-albums-walton-county-history-fair-2006-2008-2010-picture5370-moonshine-display-mld-history-buff-mary-lind-devlin.jpg

Moonshine Exhibit Display With Longtime History Enthusiast Marylind Devlin

brenda-rees-albums-walton-county-history-fair-2006-2008-2010-picture5368-anna-reardon-06-display-w-hollingsworth-becky-hollingsworth-sonny-hollingsworth-gloria-anderson-hollingsworth-work-sonnys-mothers-display-anna-smith-hollingsworth-reardon-display.jpg

Sonny Hollingsworth will display his mother's extensive writing records along with pictures of their early Grayton Beach homes and adventures. His grandfather, P.W. Smith, traveled to Grayton Beach in 1899. Anna Smith Hollingsworth Reardon's brother was Tuff Smith.

Last edited by a moderator:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Looks fascinating. I've never been to a tractor pull. What are they pulling?

Kurt, I have no idea what happens at a tractor pull!! It will be my first time to witness such a unique event that helps celebrate our farming heritage. There is so much to know and learn about our Walton County and Florida history. I'll be sure to take some pictures. By the way, today, March 3, marks Florida Statehood. On March 3, 1845, Florida became the 27th state. Walton County had already been a county 21 years at this point in time having been founded December 29,1824. Walton County's contributions to Florida history are long, significant and interesting.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Be sure to check out the History Fair and Tractor Pull tomorrow between all your other fun activities this weekend. I'm curious and can't wait to see what happens at a "Tractor Pull" and will enjoy all the history displays. Traveling back and forth on 331 shouldn't be too bad.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Tractor pulls are fun! Sort of like top-fuel dragsters with tractors instead. They pull a sled-like contraption down a dirt track. Here's a video. :wave:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=501pXmt98Xw&feature=related"]YouTube- Elizabeth City, NC Super Stock 2009[/ame]