• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
from wzep...

The working relationship between the Walton County Sheriff's Office and the Walton Board of Commissioners seems to be going strong.

This past Tuesday, Sheriff Michael Adkinson approached the commissioners looking for better ways to strengthen the partnership.

"I told the commissioners that we want to take this opportunity to increase the professionalism and respect of our community and what we stand for," said Adkinson. "So I think that if there is an opportunity for us to partner or for me to help lead the way on some issues that they are concerned with, then I want to do that."

Adkinson said now that he is the president of the Florida Sheriff's Association, he would like to use that platform to attack some issues that not only concern the state, but also the people of Walton County and West Florida.

"I'm a public servant and whether it's the Sheriff's Office or the BCC, I think we all work for the citizens of Walton County so I was just really am offering my services to the best of my ability," Adkinson stated.

Is this about re-election and/or trying to repair/improve relationships with certain commissioners?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
from wzep...

Is this about re-election and/or trying to repair/improve relationships with certain commissioners?

This is him paving his path to Tallahassee on the coat tails of Adam Putnam (if he gets elected).

I saw him speak to the BCC and all it was, was a big love fest. Nothing about increasing parking enforcement, nothing about enforcing wedding house ordinances, nothing about the lack of staffing in the South Districts, nothing about the increase in gang activity in the north end (near DFS) due to the housing of Escambia Inmates. Just talk and rump kissing.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
You lost me there.
Its very well know in political circles that Mike Adkinson is a top candidate for the head of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), If his buddy Adam Putnam gets elected Governor.

While this would rid us of the Adkinson Regime, it would really be interesting to see who would fit that spot. We don't need another Adkinson spawn in that job. Some new, fresh faces would be welcome.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Its very well know in political circles that Mike Adkinson is a top candidate for the head of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), If his buddy Adam Putnam gets elected Governor.

While this would rid us of the Adkinson Regime, it would really be interesting to see who would fit that spot. We don't need another Adkinson spawn in that job. Some new, fresh faces would be welcome.
What's your history with the sheriff? Why so bitter?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
What's your history with the sheriff? Why so bitter?
He's a great politician. Does favors for those that donate.

Uses his position to bring in Tallahassee rejects to high level positions with large salaries to build their resumes.

Fails to enforce simple, common sense, already on the books laws and ordinances.

If providing fact based info, like him and Adam Putnam, is being "bitter", then I guess I'm bitter... Sorry you feel that way.

gailforce

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2015
Seacrest
With all the good the sheriff has accomplished, I am still peeved about the expensive SOP for gulf front owners that was unenforceable.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
He's a great politician. Does favors for those that donate.

Uses his position to bring in Tallahassee rejects to high level positions with large salaries to build their resumes.

Fails to enforce simple, common sense, already on the books laws and ordinances.

If providing fact based info, like him and Adam Putnam, is being "bitter", then I guess I'm bitter... Sorry you feel that way.

The reasons you give above seem pretty normal issues for a political position. And lacking enforcement of small things maybe because they are dealing with bigger issues? I wouldn't know about who he hires but it seems as if maybe you lost your job with the county to an outsider?

There has to be something personal with you posting constantly negative about the sheriff. Then again maybe you are just negative about everything and the wcso is your obsession?

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
The reasons you give above seem pretty normal issues for a political position. And lacking enforcement of small things maybe because they are dealing with bigger issues? I wouldn't know about who he hires but it seems as if maybe you lost your job with the county to an outsider?

There has to be something personal with you posting constantly negative about the sheriff. Then again maybe you are just negative about everything and the wcso is your obsession?

You assume allot about people you know nothing about.