• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Goat Island ... Your Island Paradise awaits! Own an island in the Choctawhatchee Bay! Located just off Point Washington in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, this beautiful 53 Acre is bordered by the Inter Coastal Waterway, Tucker Bayou and the Choctawhatchee Bay. Survey and Environmental study underway. A lot in Eden Estates (facing island) may also become available for sale to buyer of island.

Offered at $3.5 mil

I don't have any connection to this offering I just come across the listing every now and then and find it fascinating. I would love to start a wildlife sanctuary for alligators and panthers and other critters. :)
Maybe a small cash crop or two.

Pretty big although you can see the bare rectangle - that is Army Corps of Engineers easement for dumping during dredging of the IC waterway.

goat.jpg

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Does the Corp. easement mean that they can come back at any time they have to dredge and dump sand there or was it a one time deal?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Does the Corp. easement mean that they can come back at any time they have to dredge and dump sand there or was it a one time deal?
Through the years I've heard all the easements along the canal are permanent. And that if you put anything there then be prepared to lose it.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Will they take 50 grand for all the rest of the island except for the easement? :)

Low Brow

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2014
It's a cool piece of property but not worth anywhere near the $3.5mil. Like you said the bulk of the build able portion is an easement and much of the remainder is wetlands.

It has a small group of does that live on it and I expect it to be that way for a long time.

TJMay

Beach Lover
Jul 25, 2005
I once heard from a resident of the canal that a road, which would require a bridge, makes access an issue.

True?

I don't know...

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I once heard from a resident of the canal that a road, which would require a bridge, makes access an issue.

True?

I don't know...
There's a lot on Eden Drive across from it available from same owner. A good spot for a ferry. Or you could use a helicopter. :cool: