• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Most home sizes in SoWal have gotten bigger and bigger, and many in the last few years take up the entire footprint and max height. This photo is a good illustration of interior home sizes about 10 years apart in WaterColor with a new house on the corner taking up most of the lot, 3 stories instead of 2, a carriage house, pool, and outdoor living area with fireplace.

170705-24pineneedle-406-mcs-2000.jpg

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
The overhead view really puts it into perspective. I've also noticed the giant house trend. I wish that the new homes were more moderate with a focus on preserving the natural landscape of the beautiful place where we live. I'd rather have trees than the extra square footage.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
It`s the all about me mentality. The hell with everybody else. I`m seeing this in our own community.
So you're position is that building bigger houses is negative and somehow selfish? What is your community? Is that how people think?

gumby

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2010
Up the Creek
I`m not saying it`s selfish, it`s like they are trying to out do their neighbor. We live in an old community and has plenty of moderate size, quaint homes. New homeowners come in raving about how they love the community, want to fit in and be a welcoming neighbor. A few months after moving in, they tear down the old and instead of replacing with a similar sized or slightly larger home, they say we are going to maximize our lot because we can, sorry. .
It`s just my personal view and opinion. It seems to be they way around most of SoWal.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
I`m not saying it`s selfish, it`s like they are trying to out do their neighbor. We live in an old community and has plenty of moderate size, quaint homes. New homeowners come in raving about how they love the community, want to fit in and be a welcoming neighbor. A few months after moving in, they tear down the old and instead of replacing with a similar sized or slightly larger home, they say we are going to maximize our lot because we can, sorry. .
It`s just my personal view and opinion. It seems to be they way around most of SoWal.
I get where you are coming from. I have seen that since the real estate bubble burst, we have seen more cash, more construction, bigger homes, and bigger heads up bigger rectums.