• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

casey

Beach Comber
Mar 30, 2007
Thank you so much for all your help to date. With each passing day, my wife and I get more excited about purchasing near 30a. Here is my lastest question:

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each of the following communites:
WaterSound (north)
NatureWalk
Wild Heron

Which do you prefer and why?

Thank you in advance!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I would like to alert you to the following two new threads regarding NatureWalk.

[ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=12308"]1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=12295"]2[/ame]

casey

Beach Comber
Mar 30, 2007
I am sorry for my ignorance about NatureWalk ... I understand the disappointment and frustration all of you must be feeling. But if the development is to move forward (against better judgement), I would still like positive/negative evalutions of the property ... along with WaterSound and Wild Heron.

Info on:
Prices (relative to value)
Sales movement
Amenities
HOA

Thank you soooo much!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I won't give you any stats, as that would prove difficult, since as of yesterday, NatureWalk had no properties under contract, nor closed sales, according the powers whom be.

What I can tell you is that each development is totally different. Wild Heron is trying to be high profile, with extremely limited access. It is located in Panama City Beach, and I think that is a negative compared to SoWal -- just my personal opinion. They do have a beach club, but it is at minimum, a 15 minute drive to get there from any lot in Wild Heron.

WaterSound, located in SoWal is boasting of nice ammenities to come. Some of the Golf course has been started, but they have cut back a few holes and are supposedly replacing them with park like amenities. WaterSound owners will also be allowed to join the Beach Club and Camp Creek at hefty discounts. I'm not positive, but I believe that WaterSound owners will be able to access the beach, even without being a BeachClub member, via WaterSound Beach. Don't quote me on that, but it is an easy phone call away if you need to know for sure. WaterSound may look like it is in the middle of nowhere right now, but they are planning for some major changes, including as much commercial space as currently exists in Destin Commons. :shock: They will be the anchor for that end of the WalCo. If the new road gets approved, their property or somewhere really close by, will be a direct access to the new Bay Co Airport.

As for NatureWalk, see the other threads. Minuses will be the Beach Club, lack of beach access, stuck riding the trolly to wait to access the beach or the beach club, if it even goes through. Sure it was approved, but according to the Code, it will be in violation if they do what is proprosed. Just my opinion. Resale might be something else to consider. I have stated that because of their actions of ramrodding the beach club through, I will never take a listing in there. Realtors remember things like that, as do other potential buyers.

In order, my rankings would be WaterSound, Wild Heron, ... well, I will stop there.

tivoli

Beach Lover
I won't give you any stats, as that would prove difficult, since as of yesterday, NatureWalk had no properties under contract, nor closed sales, according the powers whom be.

What I can tell you is that each development is totally different. Wild Heron is trying to be high profile, with extremely limited access. It is located in Panama City Beach, and I think that is a negative compared to SoWal -- just my personal opinion. They do have a beach club, but it is at minimum, a 15 minute drive to get there from any lot in Wild Heron.

WaterSound, located in SoWal is boasting of nice ammenities to come. Some of the Golf course has been started, but they have cut back a few holes and are supposedly replacing them with park like amenities. WaterSound owners will also be allowed to join the Beach Club and Camp Creek at hefty discounts. I'm not positive, but I believe that WaterSound owners will be able to access the beach, even without being a BeachClub member, via WaterSound Beach. Don't quote me on that, but it is an easy phone call away if you need to know for sure. WaterSound may look like it is in the middle of nowhere right now, but they are planning for some major changes, including as much commercial space as currently exists in Destin Commons. :shock: They will be the anchor for that end of the WalCo. If the new road gets approved, their property or somewhere really close by, will be a direct access to the new Bay Co Airport.

As for NatureWalk, see the other threads. Minuses will be the Beach Club, lack of beach access, stuck riding the trolly to wait to access the beach or the beach club, if it even goes through. Sure it was approved, but according to the Code, it will be in violation if they do what is proprosed. Just my opinion. Resale might be something else to consider. I have stated that because of their actions of ramrodding the beach club through, I will never take a listing in there. Realtors remember things like that, as do other potential buyers.

In order, my rankings would be WaterSound, Wild Heron, ... well, I will stop there.

The following would be my order:
WaterSound - Great location, beach and Beach Club. Close proximity to
restaurants and shopping on 30-A. This community looks
like Nantucket!
Wild Heron - Too secluded - Before purchasing in there, take a drive
through the development and count the cars you see....
looks deserted.....
Nature Walk - I would not purchase in here due to the buyout of the
Seagrove Villas. Just the thought of the landmark neon
purple/green Seagrove Villa sign gone makes me nauseous..
Before I'd purchase in there, I would buy in WaterColor.....
Great community, pools, direct beach access, work out
facilities, shopping, Cerulean's, Starbucks and tranquil settings.
Just my personal opinion......

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Wild Heron - Too secluded - Before purchasing in there, take a drive
through the development and count the cars you see....
looks deserted.....

Very true, but they won't let you just drive through. Most Realtors don't want to jump through all of the hoops to show properties in Wild Heron -- something to remember about resale. However, if you are looking for seclusion, it might be your choice.

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
Have you considered Watersound "West Beach," which is about 1 mile west of Watersound Beach? It should eventually be a nice little community, with a very nice community pool, beach access via a fairly long boardwalk, and access to the Watersound Beach Club and all the Watersound North amenities (when they exist).
I believe there a few resale lots there right now with some pretty motivated sellers. Could be you could get a lot there for not much more than you'd pay at the other communities you mentioned (I can't say that for sure). The big advantages would be being a little more "in the mix" of 30a, and also direct beach access (i.e., not having to take a shuttle to a beach club) which is a biggie for some people.
Also, St. Joe recently had a membership drive for the beach club and offered a discounted membership. Could be one or more of the resale lots joined, in which case the new buyer also gets that membership.
Just a thought.

casey

Beach Comber
Mar 30, 2007
Actually, WaterSound Beach West is my FIRST CHOICE. The prices are higher ... and I am still exploring ALL my options. It is nice to hear that others feel positively about WBW.

PLEASE "PRIVATE MESSAGE" ME ALSO WITH FSBO INFORMATION ON RESALE LOTS IN WATERSOUND BEACH WEST. I am looking to purchase within the next 30-60 days (perhaps sooner). Please include as much info as possible ... I promise to respond asap.