What In The World Is Going On?

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Maystrong, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Maystrong

Maystrong Beach Lover

What in the world is going on with these kids and in many cases the parents too! Seems as the popularity of the area grows, so do the problems. The last 2 nights saw a very large presence from the Sheriff's office on the East End of 30A. Seacrest and Rosemary areas are particularly seeing problems with kids traveling in "packs". They are rude, foul mouthed, disrespectful and seem to just dare anyone to say anything to them. Tonight our sheriff's office had 5 cars at The Villages and dis-banded everyone, young and old, because of pure out of control behavior. Several businesses in the area had to close early, because of this. Not cool! Lost business is lost income for not only the business owners, but all of their employees! Notre why the management down at the hub can maintain outdoor activities, but the Villages can't. As business owners we certainly need to crack down and not tolerate the outrageous behavior of the visitors here. We certainly welcome our visitors, because without them, we wouldn't see our businesses thrive, vacation home owners would have no demand for rentals of their properties, and locals would have no employment. But my gosh, something has to give! I really am getting tired of being flipped off by a group of 12 year olds inside my own business and some of the adults aren't much better!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Jerry Lewis

Jerry Lewis Beach Fanatic

Atlanta week is always like this. Freaknik for rich kids.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

Sounds like a riot in the beginning stages.

There is and has been a new breed of tourist that comes here. The old ones everyone loved have moved on to areas that don't allow the nonsense that is prevalent here.

4. Bluznbeach

Bluznbeach Beach Lover

We seem to be heading down the same path as PCB was a couple years ago. I hope no one has to get shot or assaulted on the beach in Sowal before we -- the whole community -- come to our senses.

5. Jenksy

Jenksy Beach Fanatic

Or moved here and now dislike visitors and whine about local government.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

This sounds like a media worthy incident to report on, yet nothing on WCSO Sites or local papers, news outlets...

Wonder why? :dunno:

7. seabythegrove

seabythegrove Beach Fanatic

Bottom line is you asked for it, you got it. Interesting when business owners who benefit from tourism begin to complain. The beginning of the end? We can only hope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

Or just doesn't like to see this sort of :poop: on our local news:

Part of South Walton implements 8 pm curfew

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  9. deborsk

deborsk Beach Lover

This has been getting worse every year--those of us who own rental properties dread the Atlanta public school Spring Break weeks. These kids have no respect for other people, property and any kind of rules or regulations. Sad.

10. gumby

gumby Beach Lover

I agree, enough is enough. STOP BUILDING. It`s funny how these tourons come down here to get away from the big city life, once they get here they say we don`t have this or that. Next thing you know the big city crap is here and we are now just like any place USA.

11. Dreamer

Dreamer Beach Lover

I dread next week because they'll be back!!!!! Please keep them!!!!

12. Glambo

Glambo Beach Comber

There were reports of teens copulating in the woods near Seaside Tennis Courts. They were unfortunately spotted by some young girls on their way to tennis.

13. Truman

Truman Beach Fanatic

Teens copulating in Seaside started before the post office was built.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

Latest today is that the night of the original incident teens "egged" WCSO Patrol Cars and actually tried to over turn one.

This is starting to sound much more serious than originally thought. Still nothing on WCSO Media or Facebook.

Locals and visitors react to 30A curfew

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017
  15. Jenksy

Jenksy Beach Fanatic

A mass of yutes surrounded a deputy on a 4-wheeler at Seaside a few days ago during the day. They flipped him over and he ran away to call backup.

16. Dreamer

Dreamer Beach Lover

Those yutes!

17. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

I guess I'm now confused.

Are the previous two posts jokes or serious?

I was being serious in my post were its been reported that Eggs were thrown at WCSO and that the groups attempted to flip a patrol vehicle.

This in nothing to joke about. This is probably connected to a social media post encouraging this disruptive behavior in our communities, similar to the "protests" seen in other large cities.

For someone to think it funny to poke fun at a deputy being surrounding by a group of violent teens is not amusing.

IF these issues have landed in our laps, we need to know the FACTS and we need to address this.

My point is that the lack of information about this out of WCSO only fans the rumor mill flames.

Been there years ago when it took a public "shaming" of the sheriff at the SeaScape meeting called by Sarah Commander that we now have full force enforcement on the Scenic Gulf Beach areas (Majestic Sun Area).

18. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

Looks like Georgia has just out done itself.

All arrested from Georgia...

"Skyler Woolcock, 18, of Stone Mountain, GA, was charged with providing false information to law enforcement; Phyllis Smith, 18, also of Stone Mountain, has been charged with possession of an alcoholic beverage under the age of 21; Tatianna Massey, 19, of Stone Mountain, GA, was charged with possession of cannabis less than 20 grams; Alicia Jones, 21, of Dekalb, GA, was charged with possession of cannabis less than 20 grams; and Kadezmeon D. Lovett, 26, of Covington, GA, has been charged with providing a false name to law enforcement."

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20...nnection-to-panama-city-beach-shooting-photos

19. gumby

gumby Beach Lover

These tourons come down here and lose their freak`n minds. Makes you wonder if they act like this at home? Probably not, if they do, shame on their parents.

20. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

Here's one to make mom and dad proud.

Yup, he's from Georgia....

"Snyder was on probation for a gang related offense"

Teen fugitive located in Panama City Beach