• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Shane P

Beach Comber
Mar 6, 2017
Austin, Tx
My wife and I spent a good chunk of the past several days scouring neighborhoods in South Walton looking for a family friendly neighborhood with evidence of late elementary kids. We were not overly successful.

Obvious a new elementary school holding 1000 kids tells us we are just missing them somewhere.

We were looking in neighborhoods up to the 500K range. Any ideas/suggestions of where we should look.

Greatly appreciate the time and effort in response!

30ARealtor

Beach Comber
Feb 25, 2017
30A
I'm a realtor here so let me know what exact area your looking for. Is this full time/ 2nd home/ vacation rental?
There quite a few new builders in some good areas

momof2kids

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
My wife and I spent a good chunk of the past several days scouring neighborhoods in South Walton looking for a family friendly neighborhood with evidence of late elementary kids. We were not overly successful.

Obvious a new elementary school holding 1000 kids tells us we are just missing them somewhere.

We were looking in neighborhoods up to the 500K range. Any ideas/suggestions of where we should look.

Greatly appreciate the time and effort in response!

When were you looking at the neighborhoods? (time of day/year) Spring break was a few weeks ago - could you have been looking while people were out of town? What areas were you looking through?

Shane P

Beach Comber
Mar 6, 2017
Austin, Tx
Hi Momof2 kids,

I came into town from Texas a few times in Feb and early March.

Just trying to find kid friendly neighborhoods but struggled to see many kids

momof2kids

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
If you drove around during school hours or spring break (which was March) then there wouldn't be many kids in any of the neighborhoods. 2 neighborhoods I know have kids are Driftwood and Escada. I'm not sure about others.