• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
With all the talk about exercise on graytonbeach.com, let me raise another question. Where do people get the best massages and how much do they cost. Anyone know anyone very trustworthy who comes to the house to give massages?

Paula said:
With all the talk about exercise on graytonbeach.com, let me raise another question. Where do people get the best massages and how much do they cost. Anyone know anyone very trustworthy who comes to the house to give massages?
Paula, I have heard second hand from local BnB (with good taste and high standards of service) that Ocean Elements Day Spa in Gulf Place is possible spot for you. I can not remember the guy's real name, go figure, and not sure about pricing or home massage. However, I think he does a good deal of business by appointment, whether in the spa or at home. Good luck, and let us know if you find a good one.

Moondance

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
We have used Craig & Nancy McLaughlin at Advanced Therapeutic Massage, Grayton Beach, on a number of occasions and are very pleased with them. Both give an excellent massage at a very reasonable price, one hour for $60 and a half-hour session for $35. These prices are for Swedish/Relaxation. Deep Muscle work is one hour for $70 and a half-hour for $40. They will come to your home, and it's a good idea to book as far ahead as possible. In addition to massage, they also offer facials and other spa treatments such as body wraps and spa package deals. There are two treatment rooms available at their offices if you don't want them to come to the house. They offer yoga classes at Seaside, too. Here's the contact info: 131 DeFuniak Street (around back, upstairs), Grayton Beach, telephone (850)231-4220.

Support local businesses!! :love:

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
For the Health of It!!!!

Great folks and very, very reasonable prices. $55 for one hours compared with up to $100 per hour at other places in the area.

beachbuddy

Beach Comber
Feb 10, 2005
Tennessee
My friends and I all went for massages at For the Health of It in Blue Mtn last October and we all agreed they were the best we'd ever had. Their prices are very reasonable and the massage rooms were very peaceful.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Thanks everybody. I'll be taking a vacation with 3 of my women friends in the fall and massages would be a fine way to spend some time. Any other great recommendations for the weekend? I'm familiar with much of 30A, but I've always gone with the kids, so this is a different kind of weekend.

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
Paula said:
Thanks everybody. I'll be taking a vacation with 3 of my women friends in the fall and massages would be a fine way to spend some time. Any other great recommendations for the weekend? I'm familiar with much of 30A, but I've always gone with the kids, so this is a different kind of weekend.
Send pics, I might have time in my schedule.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
RiverOtter said:
I think Smiling JOe has something set up in his garage :D
That was a few months back, and it is a long story, and RiverOtter thought he was making a joke! Watch out brotha. Craig and Nancy, in Grayton, are my picks for off premise massage, while For the Health of It, in Blue Mtn Bch, is my pick for on premise. I am due for one very soon.