1. Hello everyone - with recent Forum upgrade, here are a few issues you may need help with. Thanks for your patience!

- some accounts with same email address were merged. So if you have any login issues, send us a message with your username and email address and we'll sort it out.
    - the Forum App is no longer needed and has been disabled. The site is now mobile-friendly. Just browse to http://SoWal.com/forum"> on your phone's browser and tap "add to home screen".
    - Click Here for help, more info, and to post questions / give feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you get massages on 30A?

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Paula, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

With all the talk about exercise on graytonbeach.com, let me raise another question. Where do people get the best massages and how much do they cost. Anyone know anyone very trustworthy who comes to the house to give massages?

2. Moondance

Moondance Beach Fanatic

Paula, I have heard second hand from local BnB (with good taste and high standards of service) that Ocean Elements Day Spa in Gulf Place is possible spot for you. I can not remember the guy's real name, go figure, and not sure about pricing or home massage. However, I think he does a good deal of business by appointment, whether in the spa or at home. Good luck, and let us know if you find a good one.

Moondance

3. DBOldford

DBOldford Beach Fanatic

We have used Craig & Nancy McLaughlin at Advanced Therapeutic Massage, Grayton Beach, on a number of occasions and are very pleased with them. Both give an excellent massage at a very reasonable price, one hour for $60 and a half-hour session for $35. These prices are for Swedish/Relaxation. Deep Muscle work is one hour for $70 and a half-hour for $40. They will come to your home, and it's a good idea to book as far ahead as possible. In addition to massage, they also offer facials and other spa treatments such as body wraps and spa package deals. There are two treatment rooms available at their offices if you don't want them to come to the house. They offer yoga classes at Seaside, too. Here's the contact info: 131 DeFuniak Street (around back, upstairs), Grayton Beach, telephone (850)231-4220.

Support local businesses!! :wub:

4. skier

skier Beach Lover

For the Health of It!!!!

Great folks and very, very reasonable prices. $55 for one hours compared with up to $100 per hour at other places in the area.

5. beachbuddy

beachbuddy Beach Comber

My friends and I all went for massages at For the Health of It in Blue Mtn last October and we all agreed they were the best we'd ever had. Their prices are very reasonable and the massage rooms were very peaceful.

6. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

Thanks everybody. I'll be taking a vacation with 3 of my women friends in the fall and massages would be a fine way to spend some time. Any other great recommendations for the weekend? I'm familiar with much of 30A, but I've always gone with the kids, so this is a different kind of weekend.

7. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

I think Smiling JOe has something set up in his garage :biggrin:

8. southof30A

southof30A Beach Lover

Send pics, I might have time in my schedule.

9. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

That was a few months back, and it is a long story, and RiverOtter thought he was making a joke! Watch out brotha. Craig and Nancy, in Grayton, are my picks for off premise massage, while For the Health of It, in Blue Mtn Bch, is my pick for on premise. I am due for one very soon.

10. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

I hear that For The Health Of It has very convenient gift certificates for family, friends, or property checker outers. ;-) ;-)
    www.shopforthehealthofit.com

11. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Now that is one certificate which I would never refuse. If I was smart, I would schedule an one hour massage per week.

12. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

You send a pic first...

13. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

:blink:

14. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

Ok, here's a photo of one of my friends and me... :cool:

15. Landlocked

Landlocked Beach Fanatic

Y'all were really putting the pressure on that guy fishing.

16. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

You are so right. I remember my first time surf fishing and people were watching because I am the official entertainment with no one else around. Talk about pressure. I was feeling it. Why is it that everytime I think, "this is going to be the perfect cast," I forget to flip the bail?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  17. ktmeadows

ktmeadows Beach Fanatic

This is great info...thanks! I'll make sure to add it to the information folder we leave for guests. Heck, I may just give it a try next time I'm down there!
    :clap_1:

18. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

It is always a good idea to test the product before recommending it. Looks like if you do this, your next visit will be very rewarding.

19. ktmeadows

ktmeadows Beach Fanatic

Good idea! For the sake of future renters, I'll just HAVE to endure a massage and spa treatment next visit ;-)

20. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

Absolutely, SJ. That's really the only reason I go to restaurants and want to get a few massages -- to preview the different places for guests.