• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

A_South_Waltoner

Beach Comber
Jun 12, 2009
I know you can get them at Publix - anyone know if they have that tent in Destin this year? Anywhere else in town you can purchase fireworks?

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
For good fireworks, go to the state line. :wave: The ones they have at Publix or the tents are kiddie fireworks. They're great for entertaining a 3 yr. old. but if you're looking for the real deal, go to Alabama.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
And if you are going to set off fireworks here, please show up at the beach early on the morning of July 5- when we all have to go out and clean up the mess from the fireworks. :wave: I don't think everyone realizes what a mess is left by the fireworks. Come early (it gets hot fast) and bring some trash bags. Thanks in advance!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
and for full disclosure, the fireworks you buy in Alabama are illegal to shoot in Florida. However, looking up and down the beaches on July 4th, you would have no idea that they are illegal, because everybody and their brother seems to be shooting the illegal ones.

As jdarg said, if you are going to shoot them, please remember to do your part in cleaning up the beaches on the morning of July 5. At each of the Regional Beach Accesses in Walton County, volunteers will be gathering, starting around 8am on July 5, to help clean up all of the debris. Of course, you don't have to go to a regional access to participate in cleaning up the beaches.

Don't blow up any ears or hands while playing with fireworks.

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
For good fireworks, go to the state line. :wave: The ones they have at Publix or the tents are kiddie fireworks. They're great for entertaining a 3 yr. old. but if you're looking for the real deal, go to Alabama.

Save your self the headaches, anxiety and potential injuries and go to a professional display like they will be having in Seaside

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Are you talking about the consequences of setting off fireworks too close to JDarg's beach spot?:lol:

Yes- woe be the kids or adults (or adults not properly supervising their kids) who set off M-80s, bottle rockets, or any other illegal firework projectiles within several hundred yards of my kids. Watch a she wolf in action- I'll be damned if I will sit back and allow morons put my family in danger while we are enjoying the fireworks!

If people choose to set off fireworks, please do it in an uncrowded area. Better yet, be thoughtful of others and just watch a scheduled show. Thank you.:wave:

PS- I do know better than to go to Grayton on 4th of July. Reminds me of the funny redneck jokes where the punchlines are "hold my beer and watch this....":lol:

Last edited:

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
I feel like I live in a war zone near eastern lake. There are fireworks nightly here and I swear that the land lord must leave freakin' fireworks for the people who rent from him. Basically, if it is self propelled or explodes it is illegal in Florida. A class "C" firework is legal in Florida which are along the lines of Roman Candles and Sparklers. Of course, I do love me some bottle rockets!