• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Good info on the Blue Farms. Looks like a Coastal Blue Farm is on Happy Lane....

It's listed as Coastal Blue Holdings, LLC.

Be interesting to see if they expand.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
First there was/ is serious restrictions on the grow operations. There were limits on how many growers would be allowed in the state and the growers had to be here for a significant amount of time to even be considered.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Is Mac Farms on East Point Washington Road still operating?

My friend in-laws have both the nursery and the dispensary in Michigan, so I didn't know the two were often separated. She lived in the dispensary the first winter she was there. Said she met a lot of people who it helped tremendously, and that you can't imagine until you see it for yourself. Nothing like the potheads we all know and love around here.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I'm not disputing how the product (you can buy non Narc oils in FWB) will help people, I think it can / will.

I'm interested in WHO gets the licenses...(locally). One of those "follow the money things", they usually work out.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Great editorial.
EDITORIAL: Target opioids, not marijuana

Target and Punish the bad Dr's (Freeports own Dr Bob) and the pharmacies that knowingly allow bad RXs to be filled.

From that article...
The process of legalizing medical marijuana in Florida has demonstrated, growing, distributing and dispensing the drug is highly regulated. The idea is to ensure that legitimate businesses, not transnational drug organizations, will provide medical marijuana

I will grant you whoever gets the license will make money...that's a given. I don't care so much about the license as I do about the patients who will benefit.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Medical Cannabis has the potential to be a better drug for pain and other CNS disorders than many prescription drugs currently on the market. However my knowledge of the subject is that politics are threatening to corrupt the industry before it can get off on the right foot. Our legislature responds to big money and big money is trying to control the market place. Nothing new but very frustrating non the less. People voted for medical cannabis and then it was up to to the legislative body to create rules and regulations. My information is that "follow the money is appropriate" to find out what is really going on. Multiple lawsuits have made the field a little more even but there are still only a few plant nurseries that will grow and dispense. The governor still has to sign the current bill that was ratified during this special session. If he signs (he says he will) there will be 17 plant nurseries throughout the state who will grow and dispense. The growers will be in charge of 25 dispensaries. For every 100,000 patients more nurseries and dispensaries will be allowed. The Department of Health is working on rules to implement the legislation.

I have experience in the medical field and I am certain that medical cannabis is warranted. I also have experience in the business world and I am certain that big money is calling the shots. Once again big money will control the economics of medical cannabis. This is not an equal opportunity industry. What else is new? However, my medical experience believes that many people will be helped so don't sweat the details. If you do want to know the details of this areas nursery and dispensaries then you will find familiar people involved.