Annual Explore the Outdoors Festival October 5
July 3, 2013 by SoWal Staff
Walton Outdoors is pleased to announce the annual Explore the Outdoors Festival on Saturday, October 5. The event will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the beautiful waterfront location of Live Oak Landing Outdoor Destination, 229 Pitts Avenue, Freeport, Florida.
This fun-filled day is geared towards introducing children to the wonders of exploring the outdoors. Hands on nature-based activities will engage the attendees in learning while also having fun. The first 180 children interested in learning to fish will receive a free rod/reel combo from Fish Florida! So come join in; it’s going to be a great day exploring the outdoors.
Activities and exhibits include:
• Fishing basics with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
• Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge wildlife exhibit
• Nonie’s Ark animal encounters
• Birding with Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Astronomy with Northwest Florida Astronomy Club
• Florida State Park interactive exhibits
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Butterflies with naturalist Joe Wyatt
• Birds of prey exhibit
• Snakes from Falling Waters State Park
• Great giveaways for the children
• Nature-based crafts
The water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up. Register upon entry for great giveaways. The event is $1.00 and open to the public. Click HERE for map.
About Walton Outdoors Walton Outdoors is the online resource for outdoor adventure in Walton County, Florida and surrounding area. Our mission is to educate and share news about great places to explore and showcase outdoor family-oriented events. For more information, go to www.waltonoutdoors.com or call 850-267-2064.