Panhandle Outdoors Live 2013 Series Showcases the Best of Florida
February 28, 2013 by SoWal Staff
Grab your opportunity to explore nature with experienced guides and see the real Florida through an exclusive series offered by the University of Florida. Panhandle Outdoors Live offers exciting adventures to entertain and educate.
The Natural Resource Extension Agents of the University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Science (UF/IFAS) present the 2013 edition of Panhandle Outdoors LIVE, a series of guided field excursions highlighting unique ecological features throughout northwest Florida. Trips begin in March and run monthly through November. Pick one, or go to them all.
The expedition schedule is as follows:
- Aucilla River Sinks (Jefferson County) / March 15
- The Great Florida Wildlife Trail (Calhoun County) / March 28
- Pitcher Plants & Weeks Bay (Baldwin County, Alabama) / April 2
- Coastal Dune Lakes (Walton County, Florida) / May 8
- Yellow River & Boiling Creek (Santa Rosa County) / June 6
- Saltwater Marshes of St. Andrews Bay (Bay County) / August 15
- Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve (Franklin County) / Sept. 24
- Blackwater River State Forest (Santa Rosa County) / Oct. 3
- Seagrasses & Manatees of Apalachee Bay (Wakulla County) / Nov. 15
Each day starts at 9:30 a.m. central and runs to 4:00 p.m. Depending on location, moderate walking, hiking, swimming, and/or paddling may be involved. Lunch, park entry fees and rentals will be provided for each participant (18 and up only) at a cost of $30.
Registration is available at http://panhandleoutdoorslive2013.eventbrite.com, and space is limited, so register early! Necessary equipment and clothing will vary based on weather and location, but participants should bring sturdy shoes, drinking water, sunscreen, and a camera to each trip. Transportation to each location will be facilitated by carpooling, and some counties may be able to provide transportation.
For more information, please contact Brooke Saari, Okaloosa/Walton County Extension by phone 689-5850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.