Sandestin Hosting Twice as Many Weddings as Last year
May 16, 2014 by SoWal Staff
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is well-positioned to assist brides seeking a perfect destination wedding. Sandestin is known for its premiere venues and the luxury it offers for weddings, but the activities and possibilities for making your destination wedding so memorable are endless. From rehearsal dinners and farewell breakfasts, to bonfires on the beach and golf outings, Sandestin offers any activity to suit the needs of families and guests. Here are the top reasons couples choose Sandestin for a wedding destination.
- Luxurious venues. Sandestin is known for its large selection of beautiful wedding venues on land and sea - from the popular white sandy beaches, lush, green lawns, and bay fronts, to their elegant ballrooms. The wedding party can also sail away with family and friends aboard the Solaris, a full-service yacht docked at Sandestin’s Baytowne Marina, making Sandestin the ultimate wedding destination in Northwest Florida.
- Excellent value. Their on-site wedding and event staff cater to a variety of tastes and budgets customizing menus to fit the need of every bride and groom.
- Girl time. Shopping, spa, dining, nightlife and so much more. These are just a few luxuries brides and their closest family and friends can look forward to when having their wedding at Sandestin. The best part is that brides can rest easy knowing their husbands-to-be will be having just as much fun playing a round of golf with their friends.
- Fore! Brides and grooms alike need to take time before their “big day” and enjoy old-fashioned fun and relaxation. With four championship golf courses, guests can look forward to spending a fun and relaxing day with friends without a care in the world but deciding whose turn it is to buy the next round.
- Gather round. The perfect way to end the day and enjoy the beach is around a bonfire on the beach telling stories, laughing at old memories and creating new ones.
- Bid farewell. The reception doesn’t need to be the last opportunity to spend with your guests before everyone goes their separate way. Let Sandestin host a brunch for you and your guests to say one last farewell to your wedding weekend.
- Who needs an itinerary? The resort provides a central gathering place for families and friends to share the wedding day while enjoying the other luxurious amenities Sandestin has to offer. Beyond the beautiful beaches, Sandestin features four championship golf courses, 15 world-class tennis courts, a full-service 113-slip marina with an array of water sports, a fleet of bicycles, an action-packed Baytowne Adventure Zone featuring a zipline, ropes course, euro-bungy, rock wall, Adventure Landing Playground and more. After a day of play, guests can also indulge in Spa Sandestin featuring more than 50 professional services.
- Taste the local fare. Organic, green and clean are the priority among many local farmers in Northwest Florida. Sandestin’s catering staff is prepared to work with couples to offer the freshest menu and meet their nutrition preferences.
- Far from your average guestroom. Forgo the standard room with two double beds. Here, the majority of accommodations come in the form of studio, one, two and up to four-bedroom cottages and villas. Most guest rooms include fully-equipped kitchens, living areas, whirlpool spa baths, laundry facilities and more. With nearly 1,300 accommodations serving up views of the beach, bay, fairways and village, Sandestin offers a variety of options.
- Stay for your honeymoon. When the guests have all gone home, it’s time to stay and play some more. Sandestin is the perfect destination for a romantic get-a-way. With everything located in one central location, couples can take time after their special day to explore the resort or retreat in their romantic accommodations.