Stinky News You Can Use
January 12, 2014 by Jill Tanner
The off season is locals' season at Stinky’s Fish Camp. Stinky's likes to give back to us beach dwellers by bringing in awesome music, paired with the awesome food at our much-loved restaurant and bar hangout. Right now, Stinky’s has a lot going on and we got the scoop for you in our first edition of Stinky News…
- Running of the Bulls - Every Thursday night through February, Stinky’s welcomes Old Bull, Young Bulls for a party now known as the “Running of the Bulls”. Starting at 9 p.m. Old Bull Young Bulls is made up of old bull, Duke Bardwell, and young bulls, Kyle Ogle and Kenny Oliverio - they fire up the mostly-local crowd playing tunes that get everyone moving and juking. Duke is a former bass player for Elvis and front man for Hubba Hubba. Kyle and Kenny, also of Dread Clampitt, know how to get the crowd going with their good vibes and quirky antics. Specials are offered throughout the night, such as .19¢ chili, $2 nachos, .99¢ select shots, and .99¢ Bud Light draft. Jam out and then take a break by the bonfire outside.
- Sunday Brunch - Sunday brunch is a South Walton favorite. It’s when locals get together to talk about the weekend and enjoy some great food and drinks. Every Sunday, Stinky’s offers brunch from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. with favorite dishes from the former Liar’s Club. The Steeno’s and Franko Washboard Jackson bring the place to life from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., playing some jams that are sure to get you moving.
- Duck Fat Fridays - Friday nights are rockin’ at Stinky’s. Duck Fat, comprised of Fritz Froeschner and Billy Garret, play all kinds of great tunes from different genres every Friday night from 8 to 10 p.m. Fridays are a great night to bring a big group or the whole family out for some Stinky’s Stew, Baked Oysters, or the Fresh Fish of the Day.
- The New Stinky’s in New Orleans - Stinky’s Fish Camp owner Jim Richard was recently approached by The Intercontinental Hotel in New Orleans to open a new restaurant. The hotel, including the restaurant portion, is undergoing an extensive remodel. Jim will open Trenasse in late May or June of 2014. Trenasse means “a manmade path through the marsh that leads to directly to the honey hole (or fish goldmine),” says Jim. Trenasse, an upscale Stinky’s, will be located on St. Charles Ave. in the Central Business District.
- Stinky’s Bait Shack - Let us not forget Stinky’s Bait Shack – the only live bait shop on Scenic 30a. The Bait Shack is stocked with everything you need for a day on the water and at the beach. The Bait Shack holds a Pompano Tournament every spring from April 1st to May 15th. This year the Bait Shack will be adding the 30A Fishing Rodeo, a 30-day tournament in the fall where the winner must catch and weigh in a Flounder, Speckled Trout, and a Redfish. The Bait Shack is open seven days a week – Sunday through Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Thursday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Stinky’s Fish Camp always has something new and exciting going on and we're happy to bring you the inside scoop so you can stay up to date on our Scenic 30A South Walton roadhouse!
Be sure to share the love and rate or comment on Stinky's SoWal restaurant page! The SoWal Dining Guide is the place to go to find out where to dine in South Walton. You can rate and comment on restaurants, see photos and video, and get the inside scoop on South Walton dining. See you at Stinky's!